Photoshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misterguy

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone tried using the DVD Underwater Photoworkshop by Doug Sloss?
is it worth the $90.00 price tag?
Are you able to really improve your editing?
Thanks

I guess it depends on your knowledge of the application. I have never taken a Photoshop course so it was all about learning by doing. Kind of slow with a program like Photoshop. I found the DVD to be a big help for me. As I watch each section I open Photoshop and try the workflows on my photos - it tends to sink in better then. For me it has helped a lot.

Joe

i have not seen that one. where can it be purchased? phan

I use Photoshop nearly every day and I know the program extremely well --tutorials like that can be helpful but, as has been mentioned, a lot depends on your knowledge of Photoshop and how comfortable you are using the program.

In looking at the photos on the program's webpage it looks to me as if they are standard photoshop enhancements, which pretty much all general photoshop tutorials should show you.

Is it worth 90 bucks? Probably --and the information you learn from that tutorial will probably apply in large part to your above water photos as well.

Now, if you are truly interested in learning Photoshop and what it can do, you might want to consider joining the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP). You can find out more about that group (which you do not have to be a professional to join, by the way) at National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP). Twice a year NAPP sponsors Photoshop World, which is well worth it to attend.

PM me if you have any questions.

Jeff
(Who is a member of NAPP but has no other affiliation with the organization but is listed in a Photoshop GURU book someplace.)

I have the video and found it extremely useful. Covers just about everything you need to know about editing UW photos. Many experienced PS users have also commented on it. I think there was even a thread regarding it some time ago on this board - maybe try doing a search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom