Pick Your Ultimate Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would have to be Jesus! If he can walk on water, I can only imagine what his buoyancy and air consumption are like!
(Cool! :thumbs-up )

Well... I would definitely have to say my dream dive buddy would be my wife, Karyn. She doesn't dive... "YET" but we're working on it. (My Wife would definitely look good in neoprene!)

Donnie

I would have to say, my very own version of "MINI ME".

You know, aka Austin Powers, only a clone of me, and really really really short.

He would think like me, act like me, dive like me, but have only with 1/4 the air consumption. That would be THE perfect dive buddy! You know what he is thinking, and he always has lots of air!

And after the dive...we could plan our eventual take over of the world from our evil lair.

Hmm. Can I have a team? Okay, good.

I'll take Chatterton, Kohler (not you, frank), Sheck, and a redundant rig.

My old Chief Petty Officer. He was one of the divers on the rescue of the crew and the salvage of the Squalis. He had a lot to offer a young snotty nose diver even though he had retired from diving years prior.

Gary D.

Alexandra Cousteau

I'm lucky to have my favorite dive buddy already. But I do wish I had had the chance to dive with Jim Church.

Becky

First choice for a dive buddy would be my wife. That way we could experience another beautiful thing together. Second choice, because my wife is afraid of the water, would be Tiger Woods, he's got a REALLY nice yacht, set up for diving.

A couple of the guys I dive with regularly (they are fab!)
Jacques Cousteau
And quite a few of the guys off this board - I'm naming no names!

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

My ultimate dive buddy is someone who ...

- shares my level of enthusiasm for diving
- likes to swim at the same speed I do
- knows me so well we can communicate with a glance, a nod, or a shrug
- knows where I am at all times, and vice versa
- is an excellent critter-finder
- knows how to invite interaction with marine life, rather than impose it
- helps me learn something on every dive
- is just plain fun to be around before, during, and after the dive

Several of my dive buddies fit that description ... those who I dive with fairly often would include Uncle Pug, OE2X, Lamont, TBone, and Kalvyn. Those I dive with less often than I'd like would include Snowbear, Bob Lew, Valerie, Jackie, David Evans, David Kertzman, and Kricket.

Lucky me to have so many ultimate dive buddies ... it probably has a lot to do with why I am a Grateful Diver ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom