Pick Your Ultimate Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to be able to say my wife, but she will never be able to dive due to health problems. Other than her, I love diving with anyone who is a real dive buddy and will be there for us.

SubMariner:
If you could pick ANYONE to be your dive buddy, who would it be? Why?

You can choose anyone.... past or present.

Dave from Juneau, whenever I dive with him I always find some good stuff! (Keep it up, Dave!) :wink:

One of my biggest goals as an instructor is to certify my little bro (in a few years).

Apart from that though, I have some great dive buddies as it is.

Dee Scarr, author of Touch the Sea. I had the joy of doing three dives with her in Bonaire several years ago. In those few hours she taught my wife and me so much about critters. She's a natural teacher, and the before and after of the dives was superb too. It was a distinctive specialty course, and some of the best money I ever spent. I'd dive again with her in a flash.

My wife...because I don't have to prove anything to her or she to me :)

Also its NORMAL to look out for each other...been doing it for years

Cancel a dive
Call a dive short
Whatever...NO PROBLEM...

That's my definition of a dive buddy :)

Paul in VT

Finally I find the new toys and she pays for them :)
Doesn't everyone buddy do that???

A few of my ultimate dive buddies are currently people that I like to be with both above and below the water. Uncle Pug, Grateful Diver, Shane,TBone, Lamont, Kalvyn . These are the folks that I dive with all the time.

There are many others that I've had the pleasure to dive with and would like to have more occasions to avail - Snowbear, JasonH2O, Puckvirus etc...

The two people that I would love to dive with and never will have the chance to would be David Doublet the photographer and Curt Bowen the publisher. I suspect that I would be a complete stroke in their eyes.

I'd love to dive with a few off this board without doubt (and if i come up with the money for Bonaire that might just happen :D) but besides that, finally one of my best friends, who;s currently on a round-world trip just got certified and he loves it!! So i reckon when he gets home we'll be definite buddy's, and we've always got each others back, so cant see that changing under water :wink:

I already dive with a number of fantastic buddies... Andrea, Danielle, Karen, Kathy, Vicki, etc. And there are a few of them who could become ultimate partners as well as dive buddies! For fantasy... Sharon Tay, formerly of KTLA and now with MSNBC (sniff, I don't get cable).

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom