Pinatubo scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I lived in Angeles City and worked at Clark AB Hospital I heard stories of how during the Japanese occupation families hid in the caves at Pinatubo and cooked food on the hot rocks. Every morning when I went to work I could see steam coming from the mountain. When she blew up did it kill the vents or is the water in the lake super warm??

yeah it's warm compared to other mountain lakes I've swam in - but it wasn't particularly lukewarm where I swam although the guide told us there are lukewarm pockets.

Then there's the a cold stream where we stopped by to drink some water. The guide told us it came from the rain, not the lake.

Now tell us about diving in Correigidor. :)

I will be in the Philippines Feb 2009 (still working on the exact dates).
That's within the window for the Pinatubo climbing season, so it should be possible then, yes?

Anyway... itooks like there are some folks interested in doing this? So, I'll work on a trip.

"Expedition Dive Pinatubo 2009"

I will be in the Philippines Feb 2009 (still working on the exact dates).
That's within the window for the Pinatubo climbing season, so it should be possible then, yes?

Anyway... itooks like there are some folks interested in doing this? So, I'll work on a trip.

"Expedition Dive Pinatubo 2009"

are there really a lot of sharks in coregidor? if so... count me in!!!

are there really a lot of sharks in coregidor? if so... count me in!!!
there was a "serious" thread or so about diving corregidor... i think dennis posted it...

there was talk as well of knowing both tide AND shipping schedules though hahahahaha

Jag

PS
if there's a dive in corregidor i'm in!

I swam in pinatubo lake and ended up with really hard hair! Haha.. Nothing to see cause visibility was really bad.

I think diving Taal lake will be more interesting since there are a couple of airplane wrecks there. I asked around before and some local boatmen know the whereabouts of the wrecks.

Back
Top Bottom