Plague ship headed to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow.... just WOW people.
You are more likely to contract the flu and die, or die from a falling coconut or tipping over a drink machine.

What about scooters? (Keeping it topical)

And I think if you say "Faux News" once more the thread automatically gets moved to the pub, which would be a shame since it is actually about an event in Cozumel.

That being said, I read an article that says that the average ebola pt will infect two others which is on par with Hep-C. (Eww also.) Average for HIV and SARS is 4, Mumps 10 and Measles 18. Also about 5% of the deaths are health care workers, so we would need a boatload more PT to wipe out the HC peeps.

Meanwhile Coz is getting ready for the ebola. Apparently is isn't just a US new network working people up?:

img_1413612667_6f94c34fe585771adf1e.jpg

Those are some nice vests though.

Even the tourism boss is on it:

"Castelán Rate Juan Gonzalez, director of Municipal Tourism, the government's decision not to allow the cruise ship Carnival Magic docked where traveling a couple working at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, Texas, where he died Erick Thomas Duncan Ebola infected was correct and that the measure remains healthy tourism industry of the town and its inhabitants"

So, lets face it: "The person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"

I am surprised that "apparently" Carnival did not make the decision to skip Cozumel. The public relations/optics of letting people off in Cozumel would have been very bad.

I am surprised that "apparently" Carnival did not make the decision to skip Cozumel. The public relations/optics of letting people off in Cozumel would have been very bad.

4000 +/- customers demanding refunds is not good PR either.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Since this thread moved so far from the original topic, and has morphed into ebola transmission, conspiracy theories, US politics etc, I did exactly as many of you thought was coming: it is in a new thread in The Pub where it joins its cousin thread about Zombies and such. You may find the new thread here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pub/494056-ebola-transmission-media-etc.html Marg, SB Senior Moderator

Well off to the leper colony we go. Better to go willingly before the black helicoptors get us.

Ok, well - I don't want to get into "ebola transmission, conspiracy theories, US politics" here so sorry.

Poor passengers. I don't like cruise barges, but feel for the people stuck on that boat at sea for 6 out of 7 days. I think it's supposed to dock Sunday.

Did I say? No one listens.... :facepalm:

It was an enjoyable thread, throwing bombs (stink, not boom) is fun once in a while. We may need another thread like the 'who handles wet suits' or '80's verse 120's'. Realisticly everone is freaked out and needs to take a deep breath and lighten up.:D:D

---------- Post added October 18th, 2014 at 10:25 PM ----------

Ok, well - I don't want to get into "ebola transmission, conspiracy theories, US politics" here so sorry.

Poor passengers. I don't like cruise barges, but feel for the people stuck on that boat at sea for 6 out of 7 days. I think it's supposed to dock Sunday.

I have to agree and feel sorry for the cruisers, personally my worst cruise was 132 days at sea, watch standing in CIC on a 4 hours on 4 hours off rotation for the whole period but the prize was a port call in a new port for the USN, Mogadishu Somalia. 10 years prior to Black Hawk down but still a sh*%hole. Every time my wife brings up the idea of a cruise I tell her to go have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom