Please share your opinions about ScubaPro and AquaLung product quality.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Don.. I am a AL person, I think both are good products but the real reason for buying equipment is that it is YOURS!

ppatrick:
Thanks for everybody's opinion.

I just turned 30 a few days ago. Yes I’ve stop growing for many years. I don’t seem to get fatter or thinner either. Both Malibu and Knight Hawk are back inflation BC. I never worn one but heard so many people talked good things about them. Actually I was interested in BP/W but after one stop at lds, I decided not to go with BP/W because I didn’t like the idea of having to wear the weight belt. I’m a recreational diver; probably going to dive three or four times per year. Is that often enough to own a BC and regulator? I’ll dive both tropical and mild water (Chicago during late Spring to beginning of Fall).

Yeah, right. That's like saying you're probably going to have sex only three or four times per year.

I see your married also!

I was all USD AL with legendary Blades, Aquatrek and Micra Second stage.
Recently switched to Mares and I am very happy with all their material.

I did get a good chance to test AL. ScubaPro, Oceanic and Cressi..

AL has not kept their quality and even the navspecwar divers has decided to move on to Zeagle because of this.

I suggest Mares to all

I can't speak for AL, but I have been using Scubapro for many years. I can't imagine diving with anything other than the SP MK17 or MK25 coupled with the D350 or D400, or even the newer models such as the S600.

I used the SP Knighthawk BCD for a few years before I bought my BP/W setup, and was very satisfied with it.

Scubapro equipment is very tough, reliable, easy-breathing, easy to service and find parts for, and inexpensive to service in most areas.

I have owned many aqualung regs over the years and have been very happy with the product. I use conshelfs for all my deco regs because they last forever and parts are easy to find.
As for the lifetime parts warranty bear in mind parts kit for a titan/conshelf 1st stage cost about $15. I can eat that cost every year if I choose to void the "warranty"
Bottom life an excellent product. Now dealing with the Canadian heacd office is another story:shakehead

I am also looking at buying some more gear and from what I am see I should be looking at the SP. I have been looking at ATOMIC and a few other's as I would like to be able to get my stuff serviced anywhere I might be.

I will be diving fresh water and salt water so I am looking for a good reg, octo, spg that can stand up to both conditions with out any problem's, I am also wanting it to be able to be used for nitrox as I going to take that class also, so I am looking and comparinf warrenty's and other stuff between the different manufactures.

Just about any reg or SPG you buy will be suitable for nitrox, as long as you don't exceed 40% O2. Above 40%, it needs to be O2-clean. Typically, this only involves deco mixes. If you stay with the standard recreational blends (EAN32 and EAN36), the only equipment that would really make a difference is the computer. Get a nitrox-capable computer if you are getting one.

Just bought a used I3 BCD. Looked perfect, except leaked air through I3 valve about as fast I could put it in. Pretty deadly problem in the wrong conditions. I have never had another BCD do this. Other than this deadly little detail gear was very sturdy (heavy).

Steve

I would buy the MK17 over the MK25. It is cheaper and, as it is a sealed regulator, the dive-to-dive maintenance is much easier. You have to give the MK25 good soak to get all the salt and crap out of the ambient chamber. For a MK17, a rinse will do. The annual service is more difficult on the MK17, but if you are not doing it yourself, and you trust your technician, it really doesn't matter that much. Both are externally adjustable, and balanced.

In terms of performance, there is no difference between a 300 scfm regulator and a 200 scfm when the max you will ever breath is 8 scfm.

Really, for warm water conditions, just about any first stage is as good as the next if it is well maintained. Unbalanced first stages tend to breath a little harder as you reach around 500 PSI, but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Second stages are where you get the real variation. I dive with a G250 (predecessor to the G250V, AND G260). I like it because it has a metal barrel which helps to prevent dry mouth, it breaths well, and it stays dry in all positions. I would still dive a 109 (all metal) if it wasn't so heavy, or I would dive an A700 if it wasn't so expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom