Please share your opinions about ScubaPro and AquaLung product quality.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something is not quite right, how is it possible that we have a four page thread about regulators and no one has mentioned HOG?

it's just deceptive marketing by Aqualung. In reality they only give you free parts every other year. If you want them every year you have to pay for it.

Like I said, I don't like their corporate politics and wouldn't recommend anyone spending money to support this company. it's a shame because their products are good, it's just their corporate management that I've found disappointment in.

Mike,

Can you be more specific? I would like to know what your thoughts are.

- Bill

The annual service is more difficult on the MK17, but if you are not doing it yourself, and you trust your technician, it really doesn't matter that much.

Uhh how do you figure? I do not agree with that...I've done many of both.

Just bought a used I3 BCD. Looked perfect, except leaked air through I3 valve about as fast I could put it in. Pretty deadly problem in the wrong conditions. I have never had another BCD do this. Other than this deadly little detail gear was very sturdy (heavy).

Steve

So you bought a used piece of equipment, and it was broken when you bought it, but you didn't actually have it inspected, nor did you try it out first? you just dove it anyway, and now you refer to this as deadly?

I'm just checking to see if I got this story straight.

Something is not quite right, how is it possible that we have a four page thread about regulators and no one has mentioned HOG?

Easy. It's because this is a 2006 thread, long before HOG was invented!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Certainly it is worthed to mention. However, if it comes to gear, worldwide serviceability/availability of repair kits (e.g. from ebay) is crucial for me, that's why I went Scubapro. I am eager to test my mk19+G250V combo this Thursday:)

Scubapro is top notch, I have no experience with AL.

Back
Top Bottom