Poll on when & where you purchased first reg

When & where did you buy first reg

• More than 10 yrs ago at the LDS where I trained.

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • More than 10 yrs ago at another LDS.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 5 to 10 yrs ago at the LDS where I trained

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • 5 to 10 yrs ago at another LDS.

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • 5 to 10 yrs ago at any other source

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • More than 10 yrs ago at any other source.

Votes: 14 18.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
Need some help, awap? Choices 1-3 and 7-9 are the same things.

More help please.

Choices 1 thru 3 should have been "Less than 5 yrs ago"

Choices 7 thru 9 should have been "More than 10 yrs ago"

I was trying to beat the 5 minute deadline so I was cutting and pasting pretty fast.

Choices are still not there for newer regs. Bought mine and my wife's in November from "another LDS." The LDS where we trained doesn't carry the brand that I wanted.

As a side note, we're doing more and more with the LDS where we bought our regs.

awap:
More help please.

Choices 1 thru 3 should have been "Less than 5 yrs ago"

Choices 7 thru 9 should have been "More than 10 yrs ago"

I was trying to beat the 5 minute deadline so I was cutting and pasting pretty fast.

OK, disregard my last post...

Z...

Mine doesn't fit either. It would be 5-10 years ago at a LDS, but I trained thru a BSAC club that wasn't affiliated with any dive shop.

Six years ago. My OW instructor was trained by the owner of a shop that sold Mares/Dacor and remained friendly with him/them. To my instructor's credit she did not try to push any particular brand but encouraged me to buy my own gear; after having to borrow her aging pink Oceanic Omega II, I couldn't wait to get my own gear! I went to another LDS and bought a Scubapro MK20/S600 (which I still use) - usually this LDS is rather bad when it comes to customer service but I am still grateful to them today that they talked a newbie out of buying a MK20UL first stage.

Bought a US Divers Conshelf 21 out of the paper classifieds in 1990.

I bought my first regulator in 1973 just after I finished my training at the local YMCA. I purchased it, used, at the LDS. At that time, buying over the internet was not an option but you could buy scuba gear by mail order or even through the Sears catalog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom