Poll on when & where you purchased first reg

When & where did you buy first reg

• More than 10 yrs ago at the LDS where I trained.

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • More than 10 yrs ago at another LDS.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 5 to 10 yrs ago at the LDS where I trained

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • 5 to 10 yrs ago at another LDS.

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • 5 to 10 yrs ago at any other source

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • More than 10 yrs ago at any other source.

Votes: 14 18.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The summer of 1970 at the Diver's Cove in NJ.

We used to have a "scuba flea market" at the university every year and dive shops, etc. would bring new and used gear to sell. I wanted a regulator and one of our DM's walked around with me picking up regs and asking questions. He finally handed me one and said "Buy this" it was my Scubapro MK10 and I just recently replaced it after over 10 years of faithful service. I have no idea what shop I bought it from if it was even a shop, I do know it was rental gear that someone was getting rid of :D
Ber :lilbunny:

None of your survey choices seems to fit. I purchased my first regulator, a double hose US Divers around 1967 from a department/general store on Long Beach Island, NJ, that had a small scuba section in the back. One of the owner's sons was a diver. Certification had not really become well established yet. An instruction book came with the regulator. I bought my first new-fangled modern single hose regulator from a newly opened dive shop in Ocean County, NJ around 1970. I still have that one, a Scubapro Mark V. Voit fins, a weightbelt, and a US Divers mask, snorkel, and 72 Cu.Ft. tank completed my entire kit.

Garyfotodiver: I remember Al Catalfumo from Divers Cove very well, and the the trips he used to run to Bonaire back in the 70s. I forgot to mention Bonaire when I was completing my profile. He had a great shop, and was a teriffic guy. I remember the huge Brain Coral he had up on a display case.

agilis:
Garyfotodiver: I remember Al Catalfumo from Divers Cove very well, and the the trips he used to run to Bonaire back in the 70s. I forgot to mention Bonaire when I was completing my profile. He had a great shop, and was a teriffic guy. I remember the huge Brain Coral he had up on a display case.

I haven't seen Al since 1973 or so. We used to do night dives at Shark River Inlet.

One day, I want to get down to his place in Bonaire so my daughter can dive with him.

First reg: 13 months ago at an LDS I didn't train at.

Sea ya!

Hello Garyfotodiver;

Do you miss NJ? I did many night dives in Shark River and the Manasquan Inlet, wirh my big yellow Allen Light. Actually, I still do a few, mostly in August and September when the Gulf Stream brings in interesting things to the major inlets and the big jetties.

Happy dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom