POLL: What was your first dive computer and would you buy it again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aeris XR-1 NX console. Still got it as a backup to the Nitek Q and Aeris Manta.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

Aeris XR-2. It is still my "primary". I use my wife's Geo as a backup when she is not diving.

Yes, I'd do it again. I like the one button. Very easy with clumsy dry gloves on.

1. Oceanic Veo200. Still using it.
2. I'd buy it, or an upgrade Oceanic, again.

Bob

Scuba Pro Aladin Prime (which came free with my first set of equipment)

Later I replaced it with a Scubapro 2G which I definitely would buy again :)

first was the sherwood source which i would not buy again as it had 1 button that you had to press to activate it before every dive. sold it about 4 years ago.

second computer was an uwatec aladin pro which i still dive. water activated. made in 1994, still ticking.

Aqualung/USD Matrix, no wouldn't buy it again, couldn't even if wanted to as it was discontinued years ago. It was console mounted and the numbers were so small I had trouble reading them with my 20s eyes there is no way I'd be able to see them with 40s eyes. Now it's colour all the way for me.

1. Atomic Cobalt 1
2. No, there's the Petrel now.

Oceanic Veo 250. If I was starting again, I would buy a Petrel or Liquivision, with better display, no lock out, and well understood algorithm(either Buhlmann GF or VPM).

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I've always had such great luck with gracious, helpful people here on the boards, that I hope I can gain your expertise once more :)

I am utterly new and therefore highly uneducated to scuba. I'm currently in the middle of getting certified and I'm starting to look at equipment to pick up for my own set up. Of course a dive computer is at the top of my list of things to get.

So! If you would be so kind to indulge me, can you please tell me:

1. What was your first dive computer? (brand/model)
2. Would you have bought it again as your first?

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and read. Your responses will be much appreciated!

Cheers and happy diving,

Cathy

Suunto Mosquito

Quite adequate, display is too small for me now, but it handled air and EAN.

Sherwood amphos and for the price, yes. Still wear it.

Ariellewest.com

Back
Top Bottom