Pony Bottle Reg.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all who posted, I read this thread to get some ideas for my own setup. a pony for bailout is my next purchase. I've been divining a Sheerwood Magnum. I just got a great deal on a Sherwood Oasis. From my LDS (less than I paid for the Magnum-- and I got it 25% under MSRP) so the plan for now is to put the Magnum on the new pony bottle.

Next is O2 training and Equipment for my boat. Oh and maybee a 60 cf with two seconds for a hang bottle. Oh and mabee a bigger boat. Oh and-----

I just bought a pair of Legends LXs. Identical regs for both seems reasonable - easy to service - I know how they should breathe so I might be able to tell if one is misbehaving, can swap around for spare pieces in a pinch, when the wife dives she gets a great reg, etc. Just seemed easy - and I know they should both perform well at cold and depth.

Originally was going to go for the button SPG, but decided for a 6" hose and a small tusa spg. Figured it was plenty compact for me and liked the idea that it was yet another swappable spare (same as my other rig). And in the event I'm bailing out and things are kinda hairy being able to actually read the thing would actually help calm me down as I ascend.

SP MK2/R190 or MK2/R380 in DIN.... The button gauge works fine with the pony bottle. It is a pony bottle, not deco bottle. Everyone has a different philosopy (someone always mentioned the philosopy stuff, so~~) or eye level.

I've got a spun-steel Faber 3-litre pony that I mount on a Lumb Bros clamp, and use an Apeks pony reg with it – nice small first stage with just one low-pressure port (with an ATX40 on it) and one high-pressure port (with a button gauge). Fully sealed, so no worries with cold water, and it isn't as big as having a normal first stage on it with loads of redundant blanked-off ports.

Mark

Actually, how about a button gauge for 20ft deco bottle? I am not a trimix level yet. So, please let us have some advanced divers in a trimix level. If the pressure has been checked before the dive and the deco bottle is used for the 20ft stop with 100%, is it a big deal to use a button gauge for 20ft deco bottle?

Thanks in advance,

I have an AquaLung (used model, no comments HERE about current AL thread) Calypso with a standard 2nd stage and a SPG on a standard hose. I currently use this reg only on my pony, but I want to have the flexability to use it for other purposes if needed. Such as I get to the dive site and my normal reg isn't working. I can still do an altered dive without a pony, but I can still dive. I also want to be able to use it as a stage/deco bottle when I get that training.

FD

hoosier:
Actually, how about a button gauge for 20ft deco bottle?

I find them awfully hard to see and the downside is that you can't check the pressure after you are in the water unless you remove your deco bottle and hold it close to your face. You can buy a 6 inch hose for small guage. I use the Tusa guage from scubatoys.com.

I'm not a Trimix diver yet, but I am a TDI Decompression Diver. :D

TheRedHead:
I find them awfully hard to see and the downside is that you can't check the pressure after you are in the water unless you remove your deco bottle and hold it close to your face. You can buy a 6 inch hose for small guage. I use the Tusa guage from scubatoys.com.

I'm not a Trimix diver yet, but I am a TDI Decompression Diver. :D

I am using a SPG and 6inch hose for 70ft deco bottle. You are right. It isn't fun to see the button gauge at 70ft, specially in low light and visibility. But, I am thinking, 20ft enviornment won't be bad to read the button gauge unless you have an old eye, except the night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom