Pony Bottle?

Do You use a pony

• Yes

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • No

Votes: 23 46.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick question for those that use a bail out bottle (pony). Do you have a 2nd stage on you main tank? If so why? It seems to me that if you are going to use the pony as an emergency reg then why have an octo on your main tank? After all the most likely scenario is the main first stage giving up and in that case the octo on that first is toast also.

I just finished reading all of the replys about the "PONY BOTTLE"
and just for the record I would like to say that I disagree with everything Uncle Pug has to say about it.

Gee UP, there you go again! Shoot!

I'm gonna have to get you one of those 'bullseye' targets for you back or something! Hahaha.

I'm not offended if we disagree - heck, I might even learn something about WHY you feel as you do!

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
I'm not offended if we disagree
I didn't figure that I had offended you... twas JPM who wanted to get on record that he disagreed with me concerning the kitchen sinks... and all the rest I had posted... like how important it was to practice with your pony if you are going to carry one... he must be dead set against practice.

Whats wrong with taking the kitchen sink? As far as practice goes I don't need to practice I know everything because I followed you around once.

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
I rig mine as so, under my left arm on my left side:

http://www.dive-rite.com/resource/stage/07.htm

Any quality regulator would work, choose your weapon as far as brands. Thats another story in itself. Scubapro, Apek's and Aqua Lung are good regs that many 'tech' divers use. I like Mares as well.

Anyone else notice the way DR has "came up with the means" of attaching a suicide clip to your 2nd stage. Thats soo cool. You can get tangled and have the reg ripped from your mouth =D

See above link for picture. Scroll about half way down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom