Pony on my Zena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sidneydiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm quite new to diving (20 dives) and I recently bought a Zena which I absolutely LOVE! It feels like I'm not wearing it when I'm diving. I was wondering what would be the best way to go about attaching a pony bottle to it.

You can sling it, you can use your cam bands to secure it....there are numerous ways. Take a look at www.sea-lutions.com/ponease for the cam band solution.

Scott, I just ordered your pony bands for my new Zeagle Tech BC. Can I mount an OMS steel 46 with those bands? And do I have to remove the rear weight pocket on that side to do that?

Patrick -

I am not really familiar with the OMS 46, to be honest with you - but if it is a standard tank, it should work fine.

Depending on the length of the tank, you may need to remove the rear weight pocket.

Please let me know how it works out!

Thanks,

Scott

Not to take away from the zeagle rep I suggest that you sling the pony or make sure if you mount it on the back you can reach around and control the knob in case of free flow or any other issues. I like the sling cause you can take it off easier and pass it to some one. If it gets stuck you can quickly cut free. You can easily turn it on and off. Lastly for about 10.00 you can make the sling setup. Just need to brass clips, rope, tank clamp and some tubing.

Thats just my two cents

Thanks for answering my post Scott! It's awsome to have a mfg actually converse with the buyers.

I already have a nice sling setup (the $20 version). I am paranoid about being able to reach my valves at all times, so that won't be an issue.

Anyway, the BC is new and I'm still figuring out where to mount things on it. I wish the Tech had 3 more D-rings, one on each side near the back and one in the back center where that little buckle thing is. But otherwise I love it. I especially like the cargo pockets...

seaviper:
Scott, I just ordered your pony bands for my new Zeagle Tech BC. Can I mount an OMS steel 46 with those bands? And do I have to remove the rear weight pocket on that side to do that?

seaviper,

Yes they will fit your OMS pony tank.
I prefer to remove the rear weight pocket on the pony side, because it fits better that way. Also you will not need any weight in the rear pocket do to the pony tank. For better balance, I normally take 2 lbs out of my right side weight pocket when wearing a pony.

I prefer my pony on the back, for clutter reasons. To each his own style.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom