Pool Time sports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

augk

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if there are any groups participating in some type of water sports over the winter months IE water hockey or anything else like that? Doing laps at the Y is kinda boring.

Hi I was wondering if there are any groups participating in some type of water sports over the winter months IE water hockey or anything else like that? Doing laps at the Y is kinda boring.

W while ago I played UW Rugby with these guys. A great workout and a great time. If I didn't live a little over an hour away I'd consider playing again

Quincy Underwater Rugby

There are a bunch of UW Hockey games. I play in Providence on Thursday nights. Just got back from playing actually. There are games in Lowell, Sandwich and Cambridge(MIT) in MA. In CT there are games in East Lyme (Sundays) and Avery Point (Friday nights). Info on available games and contacts for each can be found at the link below though some of it is out of date.

The Underwater Hockey Tourist

Thanks guys for the info it looks as if the UW hockey in Sandwich will be worth looking into as it is the closest to me a 20 min ride. From the images I have seen it looks as they are just using masks snorkels and closed foot fins is there anything else that one would need equipment wise?

EDIT: I just re read your post and saw you said hockey. oops...

There are a bunch of UW Hockey games. I play in Providence on Thursday nights. Just got back from playing actually. There are games in Lowell, Sandwich and Cambridge(MIT) in MA. In CT there are games in East Lyme (Sundays) and Avery Point (Friday nights). Info on available games and contacts for each can be found at the link below though some of it is out of date.

The Underwater Hockey Tourist

Hey I live near E Lyme. What equipment do I need.

Hey I live near E Lyme. What equipment do I need.

That game is supposed to be a good one although I've never played there personally due to the distance.

You'll need to bring at least mask, fins (preferably full foot), and snorkel. You'll also need a stick, head gear and a glove for your stick hand but most clubs can loan these items to new players (check before you go since individual clubs vary). If you become a regular player you'll eventually want to own these other items. For the RI game in Providence we have plenty of loner gear, first time players get to play free to try it out, returning players pay $10 each time to offset the pool rental costs. Most other clubs seem to have similar costs from what I have seen.

Underwater Hockey - Equipment

Why not just go diving? :)
I need to improve my physical conditioning I had back surgery this past spring.
I can work on that first before I go back under this coming spring.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom