Poseidon drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Cowboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm seriously considering buying a new Poseidon Unisuit. I've got an old one and it worked very well until zipper broke. I was wondering if anyone out there has used a new Unisuit and what you think of it. Thanks

It's hard to beat a Unisuit for warmth (have 2 older ones myself).
The buoyancy change from suit compression is considerably less that a farmer john, tho it is easy to get spoiled using a shell suit.
Poseidon is making a couple of suits now with 5mm compressed, so the critter will be much more "mild mannered" than a full 6.5mm.
Just be sure to get it cut a tad larger so you can add an extra layer of undies if needed.
I always liked the "double cuff" thing on the newer Unisuits & have had that feature copied on other suits I've had made.
Had you been taking proper care of your zipper, BTW? Normally the suit is worn to tatters before the zippers puke.

Thanks for the reply. I bought the suit used so zipper was already in so-so condition. I'm going to get it replaced so I have a back up suit as soon as I can find someone who fixes them. Its the clam-style, zip from back to front and I've been having trouble finding someone to repair it. Any suggestions?

I own two newer Poseidon Drysuits , Flexisuit and Jetsuit TNG .
Best neoprene suits made that I have used .

Back
Top Bottom