Possible DIR-F in North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought it direct from www.extreme-exposure.com

I went with the SS BP because the added weight allows me to do without the weighbelt while still maintaining a balanced rig.

ElectricZombie once bubbled...
herman,

How much are they expecting the class to cost? I hope the class makes, it's been a year since the last one was here.

I just took the DIR/F course on Catalina Island. Cost was $250 which MHK said was normal. However, they usually add travel to that which would make a total of $300-$325 or so depending.

~<//><

P.S. Awesome class not to be missed!

I sent him email adding me to it guess i too have to find plate ect before class unless can find way to rent before same
any ideas out there guys !!!!!!!!!!

I did my DIR-F with Scott at Down Under Scuba and had a great time. Scott is a super nice guy and went out of his way to make our class and weekend run smoothly.

medic13 once bubbled...
I sent him email adding me to it guess i too have to find plate ect before class unless can find way to rent before same
any ideas out there guys !!!!!!!!!!

Check with them ahead of time, MHK who did our class said JJ sent him half a dozen to use for students who don't own their own ... I bought mine ahead of time which has lots of benefits as getting it fit right is one of the items in the class, but my impression was they'll lend you one (I think free of charge) if you need one.

Don't know when you're doing your class, but if it's after June the course will require BP/Wings (FYI, no "bungee cords of death allowed), until then it's advised, but not required.

~<//><

medic13,

I've got an extra BP you can use.

I have an extra wing but, it's an old 55lbs ScubaPro...way too big for singles.

Maybe someone will let you use their Halcyon.

The last count was 6 a couple of hours ago, looks like it may be on. DU has a pretty big club (100-200)and as of yet the club does not know about the class so no doubt, we will get some interest from there.

The more people we get to attend, the cheaper the class should be.

Scott just sent me an email, 5 people have indicated an interest. He's still working on the details. No info as to the Instructor but, he's trying to get JJ...that would be so cool. :)

i WILL ASK SOME OF MY FRIENDS THIS WEEKEND SURE SOME MIGHT WANT TOO SOME HAVE WINGS ALL READY SO THEY HAVE IT MADE HEHE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom