Possible DIR-F in North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was going to suggest a pre class meeting somewhere. Lake Rawling (the most likely spot for the class) or Roleville Quarry. The water (30-50 ft vis) and camping (2 dayer?) is a lot better at LR but it is about 2 hrs north of Raleigh on I85, Rolesville is 45 min north of Raleigh but vis is 20 on a GOOD day.

I am sure dmdalton will want to come too...after all, he has been to 2 DIRFs... Besides, you can watch us fight over stuff and that can get pretty funny in and of itself..

hey I am all for it if we wait till around end of may water temps be up everyone be more comfortable also we could do one heck cook out ect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
besides I want to past the first time not second or third time lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in DU yesterday and I talked to Scott. It appears as though Dave Sweetin will be teaching our course. Andrew Georgitsis may also come if needed. There is still no official dates set. Scott said he was going to talk to Dave Sweetin last night to work out more of the details.

ncsuScUbA once bubbled...
I was in DU yesterday and I talked to Scott. It appears as though Dave Sweetin will be teaching our course. Andrew Georgitsis may also come if needed. There is still no official dates set. Scott said he was going to talk to Dave Sweetin last night to work out more of the details.
He was one of the instructors at our DIRF...great guy, you will like him.. Teaches mostly cave so he is definitely squared away.

Yeah, from the looks of his background, I'm psyched!

Dave Sweetin:

Diving Qualifications

Open water certified NAUI
Full Cave NSS-CDS
Research Diver AAUS
Open water Instructor IANTD
Nitrox Instructor IANTD
Research Diver NOAA
Nitrox/Trimix Blender IANTD
Cave1 Instructor GUE
Tech 1 Instructor GUE
RB80 Rebreather GUE
Recreational Triox GUE
O2 Provider DAN
First Aid & CPR American Red Cross

Diving Experience Summary

3000+ logged dives
1000 logged cave dives
30 hours Rebreather

Research Diver - Texas A&M University - American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS) Biological Technician - National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Research Diver - National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Video Diver - NASA Neutral Buoyancy Lab (NBL) Diver/Surface Manager - WKPP

[

Yeah, he is a quality guy all the way. I called him out of the blue a few months after our DIRF to ask him a drysuit question and he spent half an hour on the phone with me sharing info. I can't say enough good things about the guy.

The latest rumor on the class is that it will be in late June. As soon as I have more I will post it.

I received an email from Scott stating that Dave Sweetin has comitted to doing the DIR-F class this summer. However, an exact date has yet to be decided. As of right now, June 27 - 29 looks like the weekend it will go down. Sweetin has been out of town and unable to get up with Scott and nail down the dates exactly.

Price to be in the $300.00 - $325.00 range.

The class will go down according to Scott so, we need to make sure it is filled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom