Possible DIR-F in North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we need a minimum of 5 people. Including myself, I think there are 4 people here on ScubaBoard that plan to take the class.

As soon as the dates get set, I'm sure everyone will need to put down a deposit or something to hold your spot.

Depending on the Instructor who teaches the program and the place that sponsors it, you might get them as part of the course.
when I teach fundamentals, I include the use of bp/w and harness (singles only)for all participants that do not already have one at NO CHARGE. All that is required is advanced notice of how many people need them. If the class is being run/sponsored through a local ds. chances are they are already offering them in the store. Most have a try before you buy policy. best, bob

Ok guys, since the class is a go, we need to plan a few days to practice basic skills. O-Ring and dmdalton have offered to meet us at Rawlings one weekend to practice. What weekend is everyone free?

Im free June 7th ,8th and 14th ,15th.

you all just let me know as soon as possible so i can get off which shouldnt be a promblem since i got like 2000 hrs of time built up , I just need two weeks notice ahead if possible .
I am still looking for some gear wings, back plate , harness, and bands or attachment for tank , but may have found some for a complet Halcyon system $450 now just trying to get cash , I am trying you all >

Scott (LDS)just informed me that the dates are set for June 20/21/22. He also tells me that the instructors have told him that BP/wings will be available for those who do not have one (rental?). All of you that have expressed an interest at the shop, look for a phone call from the LDS in the next few days.

Schedule as I have it:
6/20--Academics/Gear Rigging at DU shop in Cary
6/21--Training dives 1&2/ Video Review
6/22--Training dives 3&4/ Video Review

All dives will be at Lake Rawling VA http://www.lakerawlings.com/

I was just wondering what the rest of you guys are planning. Are you going to camp at Lake Rawlings, dive back and forth from home each day or what.

There is a little motel down the road from Rawlings. I will probably just stay there.

Who all from ScubaBoard is going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom