Possible DIR-F in North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys and girls,

Thanks for the interest, nad as you are aware we are setting up a class in the Raliegh area. JJand I did a class their last year and it was a great success. About 3 weeks ago I did a study for the US Navy at Duke University, and Gene Hobbs who runs many of the studies at Duke and who also attended last years DIR-F class in Raliegh asked me about setting up another class through Scott at Down Under in association with Duke. We have had some very preliminary discussions about doing a DIR-F class, and then using Duke to do doppler testing for research purposes. I emphasize that we are in the VERY early stages of that phase, however, nonetheless we do plan on doing a class in Raliegh. I have 2 calls into Scott @ Down Under to confirm dates.. As DiverBuoy mentioned our in-water ratio is 6:1 however I suspect for this class we will bring in either JJ and I, or Andrew and I so we will do 12:2..

As soon as Scott and I finalize the details I'm confident that someone will post the details.

Thanks again for the interest..

Let me know if you have any questions.

Later

thanks for update sounds good to me I know I been watching for class that is fairly close as I thinking its time I changed my ways
first thing is to loose some weight and get into better shape
second update my BC to wings and harness then onto more better things thanks again for update and looking forward to it
besides others on this board has made me envey !!!!!!!!!

I've actually had the weight off for a couple of months now - so I hope I'm in the routine of exercise and diet that I can maintain. But I had so much more energy. What isn't made clear until your in it is how long the class is:

Friday was 7p-11:15p, Saturday was 8:30a to 11p, Sunday was 8:00a till 3:30p. That's almost 1 hour of instruction for every 2 hours (asleep or awake) available in one weekend!

Anyway you'll need your health to put it mildly :)

I guess I should work out extra hard tonight! :eek:

well I recently put some weight on due to medical promblem but its is corrected now and seem to be lossing weight more every month so I started a swim and wieght progream so I hope it helps more !!! I need to loose at least 30 ibs in my mind !!!!

You guys don't know what you are asking for!!!

Seriously though, I wish I was taking it with you guys..too much fun...you will have a blast.

Just remember this...JJ doesn't like Colt 45.. (remember that, MHK?)

O ring i am sure you would be very much invited to come down and help us the more learning we do the better from what i hear he has like 90% fail rate the first time so yes I dont want to waste my good hard earned cash but want to learn and make my skills better any hints would be help full I ordred the book and work book taday , to start studying but more worried about some of them water skils we do !!!!!!!!!!!!

O-ring once bubbled...
Just remember this...JJ doesn't like Colt 45.. (remember that, MHK?)

Not a problem, I don't either, make mine a Para....oh you mean beer, Amstel.

O-ring, you can come join us!

You know guys, maybe we could persuade Eric (Beer/Food :) ) to meet us at one of the local quarries to go over some skills and get some tips.

Interested Eric?

Back
Top Bottom