Post a picture of your dive boat...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just want to say that I hate you people. :D

I wish SOOOOOO much that I had my own zodiac, but it's 15-30k for one and that's a lot of dive trips that I would have to not take.....

R..

I can't talk about the Netherlands, but over here, there's always good used boats available. Checkout All About Rigid Inflatable Boats - RIB Enthusiasts as well. It's a RHIB forum based in the UK, but lots of European input...

I find the biggest advantage of having my own boat is simply having the ability to dive whenever and wherever I want, with whomever I want. This is especially handy when it comes to the photography stuff since I don't need to worry 20 random divers kicking the cr*p out of things and having miscellaneous bodies photo-bombing my pics!

And don't be afraid to go "small". My first Zodiac was a 12.5' with a 25 hp on it. We had many, many grand adventures on that little boat. I still miss the thing... especially at the gas pump!

DOC, The first five photos are from Honduras, and the other one is from the Philippines. I loved the home made boats in the Philippines but the open belly boats in Honduras wouldn't work very well in rough seas.

Here is our dive boat. Notice the tanks at the back and the hookah at the front.

Cheers,

Bert
DSC01913.jpgDSC01908.jpg

semo:
DOC, The first five photos are from Honduras, and the other one is from the Philippines. I loved the home made boats in the Philippines but the open belly boats in Honduras wouldn't work very well in rough seas.

I knew there had to be some sort for reason for that,

Here is one of the best dive boats and operators you will ever dive with.
The King Neptune owned by Bob and Tina Kennedy of SCUBA LUV Catalina.

king neptune.jpg

Can anyone identify the cool dude on the left of this picture?Bob Kennedy and Dr Bill.jpg

Here's mine, a 1997 Baja Marine 38 Special. Think Miami Vice, it has 1200 horsepower and is capable of 85 mph. We've only had it up to 65 and it was scary!

ws_small.jpg

I can't talk about the Netherlands, but over here, there's always good used boats available. Checkout All About Rigid Inflatable Boats - RIB Enthusiasts as well. It's a RHIB forum based in the UK, but lots of European input...

I find the biggest advantage of having my own boat is simply having the ability to dive whenever and wherever I want, with whomever I want. This is especially handy when it comes to the photography stuff since I don't need to worry 20 random divers kicking the cr*p out of things and having miscellaneous bodies photo-bombing my pics!

And don't be afraid to go "small". My first Zodiac was a 12.5' with a 25 hp on it. We had many, many grand adventures on that little boat. I still miss the thing... especially at the gas pump!

I have a car. It's a 2006 Fiat Doblo and it's probably one of the oldest cars on the road over here.....however, it's in perfect mechanical condition and it's also the PERFECT dive-mobile and that's the reason I have one.

27c2_480.jpg

When I lived in Canada I had a Bronco. It had rust and a bad paint job but it also had a modified motor with 150HP, 4wd, and I could literally drive it straight up the side of a mountain. In fact, I took a German friend of mine on a little off-road bimble with it one day together with a colleague of mine.... Me and my colleague were sitting in the front seats talking about work like we were chilling at the Starbucks and the German guy was bouncing around in the back seat giggling like a girl and amazed at the fact that not only were we driving straight up the side of a mountain where there were no roads, but that me and my colleague found this to be perfectly normal.

richard-turner.jpg

The point being that in Europe things just don't work like you would expect them to. I would love to have a 2nd hand zodiac but that would require someone to be selling a 1st hand zodiac.... People over here just don't have that kind of toys. In Europe, 2nd hand zodiacs are about as rare as mountain climbing Broncos..... LOL

R..

IPeople over ere just don't have that kind of toys. In Europe, 2nd hand zodiacs are about as rare as mountain climbing Broncos..... LOL

I was kinda wondering where you were going with all that...

I could find a used Zodiac here and ship it over if you want... :wink:

I've had a number of RIBs over the years. I sold my last boat (a 9.5 M Ring) last year. I had opted for Susuki DF300's with the longer shaft. Although they are 4-strokes they seem to be a pig on gas (as much as 2 X 25 GPH, but would cruise at half that amount @ 4500 rpm). With the cost of gas, it got to be a little much. :depressed:

When I retired a few years back, I was using it quite often to explore many of the deep wrecks on the Scotia Shelf. Usually 2 to 4 divers would make the trip, but there was lots of room. Last year I started to go out less for family reasons and decided it didn't warrant the expense for the amount of time it was being used. It was however a lot of fun! :wink:

SLR009

Back
Top Bottom