Post Your Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These aren't the best photos in the world (I'm in the process of taking and cleaning up better ones at the moment), but this is the biggest tooth I pulled up yesterday while diving with my husband aboard Captain Steve Thacker's Hammerhead. Steve called this tooth "the ultimate heartbreaker" -- if it'd been intact, he estimates it would've been seven inches long!

It may not be pretty, but it IS pretty big! =)

Attachments

• 0053phef.jpg
    0053phef.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 224
  • 0053k68r.jpg
    0053k68r.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 241
Thanks, thedaddy! :) I think it's gorgeous -- although my husband manages to find the perfectly serrated intact teeth that come out looking like they've been polished, so I'm still a wee bit envious. :wink:

Thank you, sglake!

Okay, here are some better pictures, taken after all the barnacles and other crud were removed.

The first four photos are of the big meg tooth that I found yesterday; the last photo shows yesterday's tooth next to one of the teeth that I found on last year's Venice dive.

Attachments

• meg02.jpg
    meg02.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 144
  • meg03.jpg
    meg03.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 136
  • meg04.jpg
    meg04.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 162
  • meg05.jpg
    meg05.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 135
  • meg06.jpg
    meg06.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 135
Thanks, Jim! :D I just can't get over how big the meg who owned this tooth must have been... oh, I'm sure it was gorgeous. I do love me some sharks!

Even though its a partial tooth, its still a pretty cool find. Heart breaker for sure, but still a cool find for those of us that haven't found a meg yet.

I would say looking at the size of it it would have been over 7 inches. Great job!!! Keep the great work.

Alhambra Beach, about 50 yards out from the North end of the condos.

Attachments

• fossil_1_800.jpg
    fossil_1_800.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 271
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom