Pre-Dirf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

with MHK. Don't practice any specific DIR skills or techniques unless you know exactly how they are done(in which case you would being the class:wink: ) This will make learning the correct way harder.

One thing I would do is make sure you have your weighting correct ie empty BC at 15 feet with 500 psi in the tank and hovering motionless.

Seacur once bubbled...

He spent a lotta time with Popeye & Airhog the last time you were at Gilboa. You mebbe wanna drown him. 8)

JohnF

Well thanks a lot John!! As if it won't be difficult enough :)

Get that drysuit fixed yet?

MHK once bubbled...

In all honesty, while I respectfully appreciate the advise that other's have given you, it's somewhat difficult to answer this type of question without having seen you in the water. The concern being, that if you are doing something incorrectly, continually practising that before the class will make the habit that much harder to change.. Now that being said, just dive as you are and it will all make much more sense when you see yourself on video..

I noticed that you are from Chicago, if you are in the Kankakee class on July 25 - 27th I'll be the instructor so I suggest alot of no mask practice ;-)

Let me know if you have any other questions..

Later

Yes I'll be in that class. Let me ask you, since the water is pretty warm, and I understand that we don't go very deep, I don't want to overheat in a drysuit, but I'll be doing the majority of my diving in a drysuit. Should I go dry for the class? Thanks.

Laser once bubbled...

Yes I'll be in that class. Let me ask you, since the water is pretty warm, and I understand that we don't go very deep, I don't want to overheat in a drysuit, but I'll be doing the majority of my diving in a drysuit. Should I go dry for the class? Thanks.

Gearhead, Shek33, Nurseshark and I all took our DIRF in 94 degree heat, no shade and drysuits...two words...pee-valve!

Just keep hydrated and jump in the water every once in a while without gloves or a hood...you'll be fine.

You might want to practice the following phrase..."Doh!":D

Back
Top Bottom