Preparing for Utila:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba066

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Getting ready for a trip to Utila. Leaving this January and not sure how long I am going to stay. Wanted to get some "I wish I would have brought that" ideas. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks,
Ray

Getting ready for a trip to Utila. Leaving this January and not sure how long I am going to stay. Wanted to get some "I wish I would have brought that" ideas. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks,
Ray

Famliarize yourself with www.aboututila.com. Then ask some unanswered questions. You'll have fun there.

Regards,

yea, checked that out all ready, good stuff.

aside from the usual stuff, we usually pack lots of stuff to leave on the island- mostly school supplies/sports stuff for the kids, but sometimes clothes to donate as well. something to consider if you have the extra space.... it's very appreciated down there

not sure how long I am going to stay.

One week is waaaaay too short, three weeks might be a bit long for many. With the travel involved, at the very least, two weeks.

What to bring? A small alarm clock. A flashlight. Small denomination bills. Your sense of humor.

Deet

poker chips (they are like gold)

your own laptop (free wireless in a number of spots)

If i think of any other "gee i wish id brought that" ill let you know! (=

J

Thanks alot for all the info! Never would have thought of poker chips. Alarm clock, a wind-up because of power outages? Those are some great pictures booth22.

hey thanks! those aren't even the good ones... we're a little behind on updating our website

And some of your favourite dry food stuff or sauces or spices these are some of the things that you really miss from home. Just emagine one day wanting your fave candy bar and having it, wanting to make your fave snak food.... it realy is the stuff you miss if you are away for a while, a couple of weeks no, but a couple of months yeh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom