Prettiest Florida cave?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimC:
Coming out made me feel like I was back home cave diving. Honestly, I much prefer silty, tight places that make you question your sanity over crystal clear, big passage complete with hand, fin and face prints. :/

Probably why I enjoy diving up here so much. There just simply isn't the traffic or easy access and everything is pristine. I know there is oodles of that stuff in Florida.. but being a non-resident and only vacationing down there provides very little exposure. :)

I found a passage in Peacock recently that will remind you of the Woody room tunnel,but real confusing,because in zero viz you are holding a ball of line the size of a softball trying to fugure out which way it goes.

karstdvr:
I found a passage in Peacock recently that will remind you of the Woody room tunnel,but real confusing,because in zero viz you are holding a ball of line the size of a softball trying to fugure out which way it goes.

This wouldn't happen to be up in the PII tunnels would it?

Telford is IMO one of the neatest caves. From tight narrow, to low wide, to vertical slits, to crawl on yo belly, from grey silty to orange rock, to twisty turny jumble of rocks, it has a lot to offer. What I don't like is the trash, bottles, cans, etc at the sinkholes and entrance. Next in my book is Ichetucknee, for the cavern, remarkable! Of course Buford is magnificent as a sink (not a cave) and well worth the effort. Hum, I like them all.

karstdvr:
In P1,not an easily noticed tunnel.

Oh boy. Now you have me thinking! :popcorn:

Jeano Beano

little river manatee springs wayne"s world not a cave but buford is alsome thats my O2 on that

oh what is the dis to this tunnel in p1 :11: would like to check this out i thought i went in all the tunnles in the first 1000 ft im working my way back

deepdiver4:
oh what is the dis to this tunnel in p1 :11: would like to check this out i thought i went in all the tunnles in the first 1000 ft im working my way back

I saw a little "balcony" tunnel up from the Peanut Restriction this morning. Neat little place to take a poke into.

Da Bean

jeandiver:
I saw a little "balcony" tunnel up from the Peanut Restriction this morning. Neat little place to take a poke into.

Da Bean

"this morning"

I've been sitting in my office "this morning" all morning

please don't take this the wrong way, but, I hate you right now.

Hole in the Wall was my long time favorite. If you can get in there when the vis is decent (which has been rare the last couple years) it's truly breathtaking... Watch the ceiling as you traverse each room, it's like walking through a Victorian mansion.

Due to those vis concerns, Madison took over. pretty rocks, nice formations. The first time I did the Godzilla circuit, I did it backwards (taking the second jump rather than setting it, staying on the line and dropping down from the ceiling). When you go the other direction, you end up in a low section that just bursts open into the middle of the room...

Some people really like Devils. I think it's ugly. But it gets better 2500+ feet back.

JB kinda sucks until you get past the 1st T, and becomes downright stunning when you get past the trash room. Take the first middlegrounds T to the right and there's some truly impressive sights back there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom