Prettiest Florida cave?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gads , I just dove Madison on Sunday. Did the Godzie circuit and up the main-line past the half-hitch.
The water was just the Awesome'ist Colbalt Blue (Cracklin Blue)

Man oh man , why didn't I have a camera...(sigh)

And the new main-line in there is really nice too.

I still vote for Madison Blue. But then , er ... Nevermind.

Spectre:
Nice note on doing the "godzie circuit" in reserse. Now I have to try that. But I sure do like dropping thru the hole and "BLAM".
Same thing in the Monkey room...Drop thru the hole and there's this huge sand floor and cracklin blue water and ... (sigh)

Jeano Beano (sigh)

Spectre:
Hole in the Wall was my long time favorite. If you can get in there when the vis is decent (which has been rare the last couple years) it's truly breathtaking... Watch the ceiling as you traverse each room, it's like walking through a Victorian mansion.

I have to agree with this. It's almost like there are rock mushrooms growing out of the ceiling. I've always been amazed by the formations on the ceiling in Hole. Another thing about Hole is it's not dived that much so it's almost pristine in there.

JB kinda sucks until you get past the 1st T, and becomes downright stunning when you get past the trash room. Take the first middlegrounds T to the right and there's some truly impressive sights back there.

The first section of JB gets worse everytime I'm there. I can't believe how many marks are being made in the sand. It does get much better past the 1st T. I wish I could comment on the area past the trash room, but I haven't bought a scooter yet. One thing I like about JB is all the side passages in that system. Almost everytime I dive it I find another passage I hadn't seen before.

And it does have the most beautiful exit. I now turn off my light when I get to a certain point in JB just to enjoy the view.

Dive-aholic:
And it does have the most beautiful exit. I now turn off my light when I get to a certain point in JB just to enjoy the view.

Very true. I have to explain that to all my new buddies. "When we come up the chimney and into the cavern area, don't freak when I turn my light out".

I turn out my light and spend some time drifting that last couple hundred feet while I move bottles around in prep for deco.

Spectre:
Very true. I have to explain that to all my new buddies. "When we come up the chimney and into the cavern area, don't freak when I turn my light out".

I turn out my light and spend some time drifting that last couple hundred feet while I move bottles around in prep for deco.

JB is one of the few caves that the first glimmer of light it is blue,not a tint of brown or green,but blue. I've been told this is due to the magnesium content in the water.

Attachments

• springs%2040.jpg
    springs%2040.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 64
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom