Problem with generic braided hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sen this back to XSSCUBA in Jan 2015. Not sure where I bought it? They returned it to me stating that it was not one of the recalled hoses.

Connected yesterday and kerpow! Luckily not in the water.

Makes a rather loud bang when it explodes.

Think I'll be passing on these from now on.

IMG_5066.jpg

I had a Miflex HP HOSE explode on the 1st stage side yesterday. I had previously sent the hose back to XSSCUBA and they assured me that it was not one of those subject to recall.

So the ones that are not subject to recall... also explode. :rofl3:

There are only a couple people that make the hoses, but they do offer different levels of hose and fittings. Ours never went thru the recall due to having the more expensive fitting alreadyalready installed. I'm not saying we haven't had the occasional hose leak on a new hose, but it's at the same rate as rubber. Ours have never had a burst to date.

I can't speak at what quality of hose anyone else buys, or if this issue is related to that or something else with the hose

It seems like we're talking about 2 different problems and failures. The connectors and hoses bursting, and this crystallization that could obstruct flow. Are the different quality levels offered by the Chinese manufacturer related to one or the other or both? I do not recall hearing about a single incident with a Miflex LP hose. Of course they do cost quite a bit more. Maybe this whole thing is s hoax perpetrated by them.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

So the ones that are not subject to recall... also explode. :rofl3:

Looks like this is NOT a Miflex but the Innovative hose which is subject to recall.

The Miflex hoses are made in Italy, not China.

That exploded hoses does not look like a Miflex but I could be wrong.

N

Miflex hoses have the work Miflex etched in the crimp. Should be pretty easy to tell if it is or not.

One thing I am looking at, on that hose, it says 11Q3. I take that to be 2011, third quarter. The recall for Miflex HP hoses was in 2012, right? Or am I confused? So, if that is right, and that were indeed a Miflex HP hoses then it was recalled. It does not look like my Miflex HP hoses.

I think as usual we have more than one topic running in the same thread.

James

Final answer: It's NOT A Miflex. It's the Innovative Phantom. Can a mod please fix?

Phantom were/are sold by DGX. My Phantom hoses came from DGX.

---------- Post added July 25th, 2015 at 11:43 PM ----------

One thing I am looking at, on that hose, it says 11Q3. I take that to be 2011, third quarter. The recall for Miflex HP hoses was in 2012, right? Or am I confused? So, if that is right, and that were indeed a Miflex HP hoses then it was recalled. It does not look like my Miflex HP hoses.I think as usual we have more than one topic running in the same thread.James
You are not confused James, it was indeed the Miflex HP that was recalled in 2012.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom