Punta Cana Dom Rep little help please ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernShrinkage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just trying to decide whether or not to lug my gear to the Dominican or not and am not coming up with a whole lot of information. The wife and I are heading to
Dreams Punta Cana on Nov 13th for a break from what has been a difficult summer. Any information would be greatly appreciated the little info i am finding is
telling me to leave my gear at home.
Thankyou for any help :kiss2:

All depends how much you are planning to dive. If it's only for couple days, then it probably doesn't make sense, take just your mask and computer (if you use one) and rent the rest. Some people like to bring their fins as well, specially if they need a special fit or big size. I am not sure how much the dive shops charge for the equipment rental there. Here around Bayahibe, the Caribbean side of the Island, the rent is between 10 - 15 USD per day. Most divers that are coming for a diving vacation like to bring their own equipment. So it is really up to you, if you have space in your luggage and if you will be OK with the weight limits.

I am a great believer in leaving your gear at home unless you really need your own stuff. It is vacation diving - so it shouldn't be too challenging or strenuous. Let someone else have the worry about rinsing it down, and you skip the hassle of carrying it on the airline.

Dreams is a very nice hotel. I have never stayed, but I did dive with their dive shop once for a week and I got to take a leak in the hotel. Very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom