Question about air2's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solo diving, pony tanks, and combo inflators, all in the same thread.

Should we add in some chat about gun control and global warming? :)

Don't forget the vigilante posting police.:angrymob:

I totally don't get that. Buttons are standardized - the one closest to the BCD inflates, the one farthest deflates/oral use (its also nearest to the oral mouthpiece if you want to look at it that way). How hard is that to recognize? Maybe your buddy had a crappy one, or a malfunctioning one, but the standard is there and it works on any design.
Actually, the one he was using has buttons that are backwards from normal. His was also located on the right hip.

---------- Post added May 30th, 2013 at 01:26 PM ----------

Actually, the one he was using has buttons that are backwards from normal. His was also located on the right hip.
An OOA emergency is not a problem. It's when you are rescuing somebody with an oddball inflator hose on the opposite side from the norm that it gets interesting. Not impossible, just interesting, because when you grab for the inflator off the left shoulder it's not there. Then, you try on the right and find an unusual device with buttons opposite of a normal inflator.

Well thanks guys----My dive buddys all think I'm insane. Dove with the air 2 today. And the octi still on my rig. I figure I'll do a couple of dives before chopping the octi hose off.

This one time, on Cozumel, we dove with a fellow who had an AirII, an octo and a long hose on his TransPac...

I'm just sayin...

Back
Top Bottom