Question about attaching wing to transpacII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i read the manual scuba toys has on their site and it said that the tank straps just have to be threaded through the wing and when you tighting the cams down it sandwiches wing between the harness and tank. my question is, is it nessecessary to have those pastic bolts to attach the wing to the harness too? it seems you could only run one strap if you decided to use two bolts for the trek wing or one bolt and two straps. so whats the deal with these plastic bolts?

Bruce3:
i read the manual scuba toys has on their site and it said that the tank straps just have to be threaded through the wing and when you tighting the cams down it sandwiches wing between the harness and tank. my question is, is it nessecessary to have those pastic bolts to attach the wing to the harness too? it seems you could only run one strap if you decided to use two bolts for the trek wing or one bolt and two straps. so whats the deal with these plastic bolts?

I have the Transpac and Travel Wing. The Travel wing is held on by the tank bands which are threaded through webbing on the back of the softpac. The Travel wing does not have grommets which could be used as attachment points.

To my knowledge, all the other wings (DR's Trek wing or any other) are attached via grommets in the softpac and in the wing. They attach in essentially the same way you would attach a wing to a hard plate. You would use the plastic bolts or stainless steel bolts(Sex Bolts) to attach any other wing. If your worried about the strength of the plastic bolts then go with the stainless. That's what I would probably do.

I think you would want to use both tank bands. The method for attaching the Travel wing is perfectly secure. No need to worry about that.

yeah it seems that theres a problem because where the lower sex bolt should go in is were the tank strap threads through the harness which blocks the hole your suppose to put the bolt through.

Use the lower set of grommets. Maybe someone who uses that setup will reply.

i'm using a transpac and a rec wing with a single tank...... and i'm not using any plastic bolts or stainless steel bolts(Sex Bolts) to attach my wing to my transpac...... the cam belt should hold both the wing and the tank together without any problem.

I used a TransPac and Trek wing for quite some time. Use both cam straps and one of the sex bolts. Yes, it would be ideal to use both of the bolts, but one is sufficient.

The use of the sex bolt is to prevent the wing from sliding up and down. The slots on the wings are long, which are good for fitting different plates, but they also allow vertical movement. Using a sex bolt prevents this movement.

I use a Transpac II and a Rec wing. I only use the cam bands to hold everything together. I've never had any problems.

its a tease to having up to 2 holes for sex bolts on your wing and 6 holes on your harness and only being able to fit 1 sex bolt in the case of the trek wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom