Question on Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a size 11 foot and XL jets + spring straps. I could use having a slightly larger pocket on them so that there wasn't as much suction trying to get them off (even after puttting holes in them). I'd think that XL + size 9 would probably work okay as well...

Glad these pictures are getting used :) I'll see if I can get the dimensions for the Large and Mediums for you - (they are out in the truck right now and I'm getting ready for bed) I got the mediums for a couple of kids that I take snorkeling, they love 'em. I have loaned the XL pair to a friend who wears a size 9 soft boot, but I personally prefer a stiff soled boot in them so there is a firmer feel to the foot pocket (since the pocket ends in the middle of the arch) The Large pair is the one that gets very little use so far. Most of the folks I loan them to either go Medium or XLarge, it's almost as if the Large overlap both of those sizes.

Also remember that 2 fins of the same size may fit differently - I've read enough comments about this to recommend trying on several pair of the same size (wall thickness varies, etc..) All of my pictures and sizing come from single samples, so you may find variations at your LDS from those shown.

Aloha, Tim

Forget going to bed . . . Scubaboard is much more fun (addicting?) - the new sizes are up on the website now - check them out http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scubaboard/fincomparison.html

Medium Jets:
Foot pocket dimensions - Depth 6.5", Width 3.25", Height 2.75"
Blade length - 10"
Overall - Width 9", Length 17.5"

Large Jets:
Foot pocket dimensions - Depth 7.5", Width 3.5", Height 2.75"
Blade length - 10"
Overall - Width 9.25", Length 18.5"

Hope this helps you out.

Aloha, Tim

I wear 9.5 to 10 shoe size. I wear five mil booties (I think they're size 9), and I use size large Jet Fins. They fit well, although I've never tried any other sizes.

NetDoc:
I just picked up the XXL Jets... the pockets are cavernous! I can't wait to try them out.
Let me know if you find a way to fit them into your gear bag ;-) I have to leave the zipper open with the foot pockets hanging out - huge aren't they? But they sure are comfy for those of us with a non-standard shoe size.

Hey moxie, you need to look back, otherwise your buddy will be long gone. That newfound speed can be hard to get familiar with. I tend to float a lot more now and wait.

I'm not a big fan of speed, (though jets certainly can deliver it when needed) but I like only needing to "wiggle my toes" in order to move along at a leisurely pace - very little energy expended. . .

Of course at the moment I wish I was going even that fast - I'm stuck in a traffic jam - Car accident on my way home after working all night, so everything is at a standstill, with no energy expenditure . . . sure is nice to have scubaboard at times like this.

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom