Question on Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a size 9 shoe. I own a pair of XL Jets and cannot fit them into my drysuit boots. They fit my wetsuit boots just fine ... which means they get used for warm water trips. Here at home, I use Turtles.

FWIW - I prefer the Jets ... they just feel a bit more responsive, although the tighter fit of the foot pocket probably accounts for most of that.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I have a size 9 shoe. I own a pair of XL Jets and cannot fit them into my drysuit boots. They fit my wetsuit boots just fine ... which means they get used for warm water trips. Here at home, I use Turtles.

FWIW - I prefer the Jets ... they just feel a bit more responsive, although the tighter fit of the foot pocket probably accounts for most of that.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

This board is great! So - I have ruled out XXL for my size 9/10 rockboots - what are my options? I was also told (but have yet to try) that turtle fins will be too big. what are some other fin options. Thanks
Zach

NetDoc:
Shut up and drive! :D
I did . . . after about 45 minutes - Turned out it was a hit and run death of a bike rider on the highway, they finally diverted traffic through the sugar cane fields. Be praying for the guy's family - what a shame.

scubazach:
This board is great! So - I have ruled out XXL for my size 9/10 rockboots - what are my options? I was also told (but have yet to try) that turtle fins will be too big. what are some other fin options. Thanks
Zach
Hey Zach - the turtles may actually work because they have a fairly flexible foot pocket. So even though they are large, the pocket can compres quite a bit to make a "custom" fit around your boot. But try both the Turtles and the XL jets. Seems like enough reports out there about SP Jets sizes varying considerably from pair to pair. Let us know which one fits best.

Bob - Too bad the XL's are too small - they were just slightly small for my soft boots in a size 12/13 and I had to find a really big size 13 boot to fit the XXL (they are still a little loose). Seems like ScubaPro went right from size 9 to 13 and skipped the 10-12 size altogether doesn't it? I agree that the Jets are stiffer and feel more responsive than the Turtles, though both are really nice fins.

Aloha, Tim

I have a size 11 foot and use L size Jets. I was told I needed to buy XL but one of the reasons I wanted the jets was the small size. So I went with a large and got thinner wet booties. Sometimes I think my heel sticks out too much but I really appreciate it when packing up my gear.

I have a size 9 1/2 shoe, but I have a 4E width. I used to use Large Jets, but I never had a bootie that fit well (too tight on the width). My feet used to cramp a lot. I bought a larger boot, also longer, so it is too long for my foot, but my feet no longer cramp. I had to go to the XL Jets because of the boot size. The larger boot would not fit in the L Jets. Sometimes you just have to find what works. (You will notice I stayed with Jets. They are the best for me.)

I love my jets! I've noticed something odd though. I own two pairs of Jets, both XL. They are each different lengths! The shorter one even has a slightly different logo, specifically, there is no "lightning bolt" in the logo. And to top it off, they seem to be slightly different when it comes to the actual size. I use one pair with my drysuit and the other when diving wet. I still love them. I put spring heel straps on both, and recommend doing this to anyone who will listen to me.

I can't remember which are the oldest, the ones with or the ones without the lightning bolt. One of your pair of Jets are older than the other. There was a minor change along the way. Walter would know for sure. I agree, they are great fins. I have been toying with the idea of spring straps. Since my boots are bigger than my feet, the standard straps pull in the back of the boots and are hard to take off when getting back to the boat. I was thinking that the spring straps would be better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom