For Sale Questionable Ebay listing for a Seaquest Balance BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caruso

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a BCD to replace my Seaquest Balance BCD which is showing some serious wear. I've dived with it for years and I know it well. So I come across this listing on EBAY and the red flags light up all over the place.

Why?

Well first of all it's listed by a zero feedback seller (meaning there is virtually no history).
Secondly there's a blatant error in the listing which indicates to me that at the very least the seller has no clue about what it is they are actually selling or more likely it's a scam. Thirdly it's listed as "brand new" yet it hasn't been produced in years. Who buys a BCD and doesn't use it at all?

I messaged the seller about the "mistake" in the listing that drastically affects the value of the BCD.

Who can find the error and who thinks it's really a scam not an honest mistake?

Sea Quest Balance BCD w/ Air Source Inflator Size L Scuba Gear Dive Equipment | eBay

I know, I know! It’s not a backplate and wing. :)

that's not an Air Source as the title says. As long as you are protected by PayPal, you should be fine

that's not an Air Source as the title says. As long as you are protected by PayPal, you should be fine

Ding ding we have a winner. @sikaatbleeh choose any stuffed animal from the middle row. .

I wouldn't buy it because it's not a great deal, and odds are extremely high it's a scam so I'd have to go through the trouble to dispute it etc; but as you said I've bought questionable items before from no-history sellers using PayPal and credit card, and I've gotten some great deals.

Let's see if I even get a response from the seller.

No feedback that the seller is for real
Questionable product description
Life support equipment

What could possibly go wrong?

I also do not like this listing as the seller does not take returns.

might be NOS from a dive shop that closed down. or someone who bought a bc after ow and then never got around to using it because it wasn't worth hauling on vacation just to do a handful of dives.

the price is high enough i wouldn't necessarily believe it is too good to be true.

might be NOS from a dive shop that closed down. or someone who bought a bc after ow and then never got around to using it because it wasn't worth hauling on vacation just to do a handful of dives.

the price is high enough i wouldn't necessarily believe it is too good to be true.

All good points. Although it doesn't explain the seller's ignorance regarding the Air Source. I mean, they know enough to state the term "Air Source" and yet don't know it's not on the BCD? Weird. Sounds like it was copied from another listing.

Selling two, one L, one S; neither with Air Source, both saying they have them.

I wouldn't touch them (and I am a very active buyer/seller on eBay), as the Seller in this case doesn't know what they have.

Plus, from the pictures, they don't look "BRAND NEW • NEVER BEEN USED • READY FOR DIVING!"

From experience, the only thing worse on eBay than an uninformed Buyer is an uninformed Seller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom