For Sale Questionable Ebay listing for a Seaquest Balance BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

selling a L and S together makes it more likely to be from a married couple where the BC has been sitting in a closet for years because they just never ended up diving as often as they thought they would

From experience, the only thing worse on eBay than an uninformed Buyer is an uninformed Seller.

Bad buyers who just want something for nothing are the worst. But an uninformed seller is pretty bad. If I could avoid all ebay transactions with anyone less than about 10 feedbacks, I would.

I messaged the seller about the same time that I started this thread and didn't get a response and the listing has not changed.

I probably wouldn't buy it either. However, just because they don't have any feedback/history doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. Lots of folks only use ebay once or twice ever. I have had an ebay account since the first year the site opened and I've only sold 2 or 3 things ever on there. Not every seller on the site is running some kind of ebay based business.

It could easily be a scam or some person selling stuff for a computer illiterate friend.

I wouldn't put all my eggs into the "paypal will protect you" basket. Paypal dispute resolution is a complete pain in the buttocks. Far worse than the dispute resolution process that most banks provide when you use a debit or credit card. Paypal often takes a month or two where in my experience banks take less than a week to finalize a charge-back.

I once saw something on eBay that was unexpectedly inexpensive and rare. Obviously, the quite new seller had no clue what value it had. I asked some questions, and got all the signs of a scam. First, a female replied, then a male...then he/she didn’t know what shipping would be. Gave me several different answers. I told them they were trying to scam me and got lame excuses as a response. I gave up.

Several months later, the item was still for sale, probably due to the sellers looking very much like crooks. I asked them again if they were willing to sell it to me for $X and shipping of $X. I didn’t give them the opportunity to flip flop on price and shipping. They replied “ok”. I took the risk and I received the real deal. I was not scammed and even received a good feedback from them.

My takeaway: there really are very unsophisticated people trying to sell stuff on eBay that aren’t scams. These ppl buy stuff from local estate or garage sales and try to sell it on eBay to make a buck.

. I told them they were trying to scam me and got lame excuses as a response.

Why? If they're scammers and they're lying you aren't telling them something they don't already know and if you're wrong- which you apparently were, you won't accomplish anything with what turned out to be false accusations directed towards an innocent albeit ignorant seller.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom