For Sale Questionable Ebay listing for a Seaquest Balance BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why? If they're scammers and they're lying you aren't telling them something they don't already know and if you're wrong- which you apparently were, you won't accomplish anything with what turned out to be false accusations directed towards an innocent albeit ignorant seller.

I wanted to let them know that their answers showed all the signs of being a scam. I wanted to get their reaction to such an accusation, to give me further clues to support one conclusion or another. Let’s just say I wasn’t accusing them of being scammers for their benefit!

If they were scammers, they probably would’ve ignored me from then on or told me to F off. If they were not, they would try to convince me otherwise. They tried to convince me otherwise and I got the sense they were just unsophisticated people rather than scammers, but I wasn’t totally sure at the time. But I was just kind of fed up with proceeding with the sale at that point anyway.

After thinking about it some more with the benefit of a clearer head and more time, and the buying impulse had lessened, I searched for the item again and it was STILL listed. I offered an even lower price than last time and the going rate for shipping the item, and they accepted. Giving them no opportunity to say anything more than “yes” or “no” prevented them from showing me any more stupidity on their part.

Win-win. I bought something I wanted at less than market price and they sold something they clearly weren’t having any success selling. Of course, if it turned out to be a scam, I was mentally prepared to lose that money and was ok with the risk.

I used to buy lots of vintage stuff from eBay that were highly priced and highly sought after so I’ve developed my own style of vetting those sellers.

I suspect scuba gear sellers are different and require a different type of vetting altogether.

Of course, if it turned out to be a scam, I was mentally prepared to lose that money and was ok with the risk.

Use your credit card via PayPal then you can always dispute the item with PayPal and if they screw you, go to your credit company (within 60 days of the charge) and dispute it there.

Use your credit card via PayPal then you can always dispute the item with PayPal and if they screw you, go to your credit company (within 60 days of the charge) and dispute it there.

:wink: Yes, I knew those were my options but I always plan for the worst case scenario, that is, even if PayPal and the cc companies denied my claim, I’d still be ok with losing that amount of money. I’m just a very conservative gal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom