Questions for Suunto owners.

What describes you?

• Own one or more of these models (Cobra, Vyper, Vytec, Mosquito, D3)

Votes: 109 79.0%
  • Own one or more of these models (Stinger, Scorpion)

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Own two or more (models from both of the above categories)

Votes: 21 15.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamie

I've a stinger, with interface and my girlfriend has just got a mosquito, so the idea of a single interface makes sense to me and i'd problably buy one off you, if for no other reason than to support development.

to pick up on the bluetouth/pda discussion, serial would be fine for me, but I'd pay serious money to get a version of the Suunto dive manager running on my pda, both for planning and review purposes.

What with my digital camera and the suunto I nearly always take a laptop out with my, but how easier life would be with just the pda to think about. The trouble with using the stinger for planning purposes is that it doesn't take into account beach time. ie it will only give you plan info based on a dive that takes place there and then.

well, you can make an adapter to use interfaces such as mine with an PDA, but since I never use a PDA I haven't experimented with doing it. I think Nick may also be able to provide you with more info there. I've seen a site somewhere that discussed how to do it, but not sure what site it was anymore. Basically you have to have a plug to fit you PDA and an additional source of voltage along with the knowledge of which lead goes to where. Like I said, i'm not that knowledgeable concerning it, but if anyone finds the info and has the plug to send me I'll be glad to assemble it for minimal cost.

I have 2 cobras - I'm surprised no enterprising soul has created a better logbook program... Suunto's looks & works like the 1960 model. I have several friends that would be interested at the right price...

These DIY kits for the Suunto Vyper etc, are not a good idea, cannot get mine to work, the person i bought it from wont respond to emails. save your 40.00 buy a prebuilt one or a factory one.

who did you by it from? obviously not from me... if you'll give me some info on it, I'll help you with it. These kits are a great idea (and I know there are a ton of people that would agree with me) and fairly easy to assemble and work great. $40 is a lot for just a kit also. What exactly is the trouble you're having? My prebuilt units are only $45... Thats 1/3 of the oem interface and it works the same...

also, for the record, I've only had one person report that they could not assemble my kit and they sent it back and had me assemble it. the problem was not following the directions....

I bought one of Jamie's kits unassembled. The hardest part was getting the two spring loaded contacts straight. Otherwise it was very easy to assemble. Worked first time perfectly.

The Suunto software works well and I really like being able to download all the profile info inlcuding air consumption. There is a bug in the software where it doesn't keep track of the gear you enter for each dive (at least in Windows XP). I emailed Suunto and got a patched version in two days.

I just recently purchased one of Jamie's prebuilt units and it worked perfect right from the get go. You just have to be sure of who you purchase from. I read alot of great responses on this board which made me feel comfortable enough to contact him and buy one.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom