Questions for Suunto owners.

What describes you?

• Own one or more of these models (Cobra, Vyper, Vytec, Mosquito, D3)

Votes: 109 79.0%
  • Own one or more of these models (Stinger, Scorpion)

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Own two or more (models from both of the above categories)

Votes: 21 15.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's been about a month since I bough one. Real name is Thomas (Tom) Mills in Tallahassee, FL. That adapter is great! I opened the package, plugged it in, hit the software transfer button and it worked perfectly!

Bough one about a month ago, works great on my Vyper and Vytec.

My screen name is a clever acronym cryptograph of my real name, Randy Joy.

ianwfrost once bubbled...
Jamie

I've a stinger, with interface and my girlfriend has just got a mosquito, so the idea of a single interface makes sense to me and i'd problably buy one off you, if for no other reason than to support development.

to pick up on the bluetouth/pda discussion, serial would be fine for me, but I'd pay serious money to get a version of the Suunto dive manager running on my pda, both for planning and review purposes.

What with my digital camera and the suunto I nearly always take a laptop out with my, but how easier life would be with just the pda to think about.

Check out my web site and it has links and info concerning hooking up to a pda. The software is freeware and I'm really impressed with it.
My version doesn't need another source of voltage for a palm. The version for the Sony Clie supposedly does.

Here's a pic of the set-up.

last pic of interface made from parts from Radio shack...see my site for details:

mars2u once bubbled...

Check out my web site and it has links and info concerning hooking up to a pda. The software is freeware and I'm really impressed with it.
My version doesn't need another source of voltage for a palm. The version for the Sony Clie supposedly does.

Here's a pic of the set-up.

The hardware that you show in the graphic, less the PDA and computer... where did you get it. I have the cable that goes from the vytec to computer, but the connector and cable that connects the PDA, I'd be interested in getting one.

Are these Suunto parts?

Silverback

Hi, I have a spyder-interface which I use for scubadiving, but now I have bought the suunto D3 for freediving and as a backupinstrument. Is it possible to use the spyder-interface with the D3? and what do I have to do? And what pins to connect where?..

anybody who knows?

/øystein

Not really sure if it will work with the suunto interface. The center pin on the interface is the I/O pin and the two outer pins just ground to the case. The I/O pin on your d3 is the one towards the top of the d3. the other is the ground. With my interfaces that I make, this works just fine partially because of the open pin design I use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom