quicktime of me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont

Contributor
Reaction score
we discovered this weekend that my c-5050 does alright as an underwater videocamera. we spent a bunch of time working on back-kicks (heh, not sharing those clips...). but here's a couple short clips of me:

http://www.scriptkiddie.org/divemovies/

the video feedback really helps. i got to the point where i did about 50 feet swimming backwards while task loaded dealing with other drills -- so my back-kick moved from non-existent to functional-if-not-pretty...

We want more :bravo: we want back kicks :eyebrow:

I'll consider carrying my 5050 next time I practice drills.

Thanks for the videos!

PS: When first looking at your resume, I was a little shocked at what you were asking for salary. Then I saw the experience, and I think it would be deserved, yeesh. I'm a network admin and hadn't heard of some of that stuff, hehe.

Kriterian:
PS: When first looking at your resume, I was a little shocked at what you were asking for salary. Then I saw the experience, and I think it would be deserved, yeesh. I'm a network admin and hadn't heard of some of that stuff, hehe.

Yeah, that's also my price for working in NYC. After it gets triple taxed (federal, NY state, NYC) and factoring in property costs, that isn't that much...

And I should update that to represent what I've been doing for the past year -- config management and architecture on 10,000 servers and 2,000 desktops, designing and deploying kerberos, designing and deploying AFS. :banghead:

lamont:
Yeah, that's also my price for working in NYC. After it gets triple taxed (federal, NY state, NYC) and factoring in property costs, that isn't that much...

And I should update that to represent what I've been doing for the past year -- config management and architecture on 10,000 servers and 2,000 desktops, designing and deploying kerberos, designing and deploying AFS. :banghead:

hmmm... that peaked my interest to look at your profile for occupation since I do the same stuff.

> Occupation: Amazon.com Unix System Engineer

Nice to see another unix person here. The other post here made me curious to go look at your resume also. We do very much of the same things. :)

What does Amazon run? I know they don't run IRIX cause I'm ex-SGI and I'd remember Amazon, that and SGI costs to much to compete with Linux & Sun in the commerical environment.

-Mike

wow, is my upstream DSL bandwidth ever getting hammered, i don't have mrtg graphs of my outgoing bandwidth, but i do have kbytes/day from webalizer:

http://www.scriptkiddie.org/webalizer/usage_200504.html

so far its been completely saturated for 2.75h today by my calculations...

here's ping times to my house when nobody is downloading:

--- sploit.scriptkiddie.org ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 17.659/29.380/51.263/13.008 ms

here's with a download in progress:

--- sploit.scriptkiddie.org ping statistics ---
124 packets transmitted, 123 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 354.010/1368.845/1810.358/312.763 ms

I *really* need to get traffic shaping configured to throttle http uploads...

the videos aren't *that* exciting, its just me blowing bubbles... not exactly paris hilton or pamela anderson...

BTW.... I guess it takes a fellow Unix geek to laugh (and understand) the fact that you have the version of BIND you are running on your resume! ha! I love it!

mike_s:
What does Amazon run? I know they don't run IRIX cause I'm ex-SGI and I'd remember Amazon, that and SGI costs to much to compete with Linux & Sun in the commerical environment.

Its pretty much all Linux. Mostly RH7.2 or RHEL3. We've even converted all our databases over to Oracle on Linux. The remaning bits of commercial Unix in our environment is pretty microscopic and limited to legacy third-party apps that don't have good Linux support yet.

lamont:
the videos aren't *that* exciting, its just me blowing bubbles... not exactly paris hilton or pamela anderson...

The green tint does give it a resemblance to night vision. This thread is probably getting a lot of google search hits due to the words "paris", "hilton" and "blowing". :D

Back on topic - nice footage. Do you have any lights for the camera?

hehehehe

Back on topic - nice footage. Do you have any lights for the camera?

No, that's all ambient. It's only about 10 feet of water in the middle of the day though...

I think it was still pretty sunny out when we took those. It got darker and cloudier later...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom