Raja Ampat: You'd better go now because ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The airport in Yap is pretty bad too. You feel like you are in an overcrowded jail.

Been there and done that one a couple of times!

Sweet, I'm going in September but think I'm a tad out of my league as I'm a greenhorn diver. I agree with some of the people on here that although Outside may be outing it right now, it's bloody expensive to get to (and dive in) Raja Ampats and I'm only going for work (tough, I know).

We're on a pretty tight schedule and it sounds like flights in and out of Sorong are going to throw us off. Oh well!

Headed in 2010 on a one way liveaboard Ambon - Sorong... hope it's still good by then :)

A - It is only really expensive to get there if you happen to live in the western hemisphere. If you live in Asia it is not so bad.

B - To all you complaining about the airports and hotels, I assume you don't actually spend much time in the developing world. If you are going to travel in this part of the world you shouldn't plan your schedule too tight. You have to expect delayed flights.

C - Given the size of the area and the amount of sites available it is hard for me to imagine Raja Ampat and eastern indonesia getting "over run" any time soon. I was there in April and we didn't see another dive boat for 11 days.

I appreciate the info. It looks like my LDS is considering a trip there in April. Personally, I just want to go! It's one of the first trips since going to this shop that I can actually make with my crazy work schedule.

Hi there. Yes I have dived at Papua Diving too. Both are fantastic! It is always difficult to say whether one dive site is better than the other, I always it depends on the day, my mood and what inparticular you want to see. I will say that Misool has far more dive sites than Kri and I loved the fact you could just go down the steps of your cottage and be on the house reef!!!!

Fiabacet, Boo and MANY of the other divesites nearby are awesome! And Misool Eco have some really cool suprises up their sleeves not yet well publicised... check carefully their website for clues.

Was there any Manta cleaning stations at Missol?
looks great from their website.
Will consider a trip for 09

Back
Top Bottom