ReAct Pro bugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope. No fix in sight- still very buggy.

How much do you want for it :).

ReefGuy:
Nope. No fix in sight- still very buggy.

How much do you want for it :).

Hmmmmmm $$$$$$$$ you only want the cable and software right???

ReefGuy:
Astrodad, you sign in under "Team Genesis"

"Team Genesis"? That sounds gay.

Being that I'm 46 and retired (after selling my software development company), I obviously know nothing about software development and support of same. We always made product updates available without requiring the user to sign for some forum. We didn't even require product registration. However, if I had required these draconian steps, I certainly would have made sure the "Downloads" page wasn't blank. I'd instruct the user that they should perform steps 1,2,3. The current Downloads page at Genesis is about as lame of an excuse for a Download page as you can get. The only thing on it is a dealer locator, and what the !@#$ is the dealer locator doing on the dl page?

I don't think I should have to sign up for yet another "forum" in order to get the product I (over) paid for.

Let me try this again...

SharkBaite:
I finally after two years of fighting problems with my react pro I went and bought a new computer, the problems I was having was doing the download, everytime I downloaded mine and went to exit the program, I would get a run time error when it went to back up the file. I have been in contact with a rep from one of the repair centers and he told me it was my Home PC not the software or the DC. Yeah Right. I advised him that I had installed the software on 3 different makes of computers and had the very same issue. Still not solved, so if you wanna buy a spare DC.... LOL
Clean the contacts on the cable and the unit. Brand new, the cable doesn't work all that reliably. During manufacture, a lot of these types of things wind up with a protective coating on the contacts. I've fixed more stuff over the years by simply cleaning the contacts than I can shake a stick at.

Also. until recently I have never had a reason to second guess my computer until I was looking through my logs and noticed a 4 hour dive in 8' of water, yes a 4 hour dive. I was in the pool working with my instructor training students when this happened. everything appeared normal on the display but read funky after the download.
I'd guess a weak battery. Two years old, and how long did that battery sit on the shelf before you bought it? Electro widgets tend to start doing really weird things when voltage starts to drop below a certain threshold.

I loved the computer and it has suited my diving well until I had cataract surgery and could no longer see the display without straining my eyes.
Get a prescription mask. When I bought my computer last summer, I realized that the old method of "a little past that blob" isn't going to cut it. Now I can read the display of my computer, see tiny little coral/animal life up close, etc....

AstroDad:
Let me try this again...

Clean the contacts on the cable and the unit. Brand new, the cable doesn't work all that reliably. During manufacture, a lot of these types of things wind up with a protective coating on the contacts. I've fixed more stuff over the years by simply cleaning the contacts than I can shake a stick at.

I'd guess a weak battery. Two years old, and how long did that battery sit on the shelf before you bought it? Electro widgets tend to start doing really weird things when voltage starts to drop below a certain threshold.

Get a prescription mask. When I bought my computer last summer, I realized that the old method of "a little past that blob" isn't going to cut it. Now I can read the display of my computer, see tiny little coral/animal life up close, etc....

First of all, it has done it since day one. second I work in the electroinics area and know a few things about film and particles being on new items, especially connectors, Third the battery was about 3 months old and wasn't bought from my normal dive shop so I know it hadn't been sitting around on the shelf. fourth, A prescription mask is not in my budjet right now as my vision is perfect 20/20 from a distance, just not up close and not with my current gear configuration, I needed a computer with a side mount display, and Aeris was the only one I found that works for my needs without needing a prescription mask or my inserts.

I have always wanted to get with the manufacturer as the reps I have spoken with kept saying it was my desktop pc and was not a problem with the software or the cable. the computer downloads perfectly, just the program does not want to save the file, sometimes it errors out but saves the info or times out and doesn't.

so its a software issue.

Good luck with the DL let me know how it works for you.;.....

Brian,

It sounds as if I offend you - if I did, I apologize.

What version software are you running anyway? Once I corrected the physical problems of connecting the dive computer to my PC, downloading data has been 100% for me using two different dive computers. Now that you mention it, there have been times when my dive computers acted the way you describe above. If you lay it flat on a table, face up, then slide the connector it, the contacts don't always line up as good as they could. I turn mine upside down and hold the connector in place with a slight, but firm pressure.

If none of this works for you, then it's almost certain that you have a hardware error of some kind, or there really is something about your PC setups that interferes with the ReAct Pro software (entirely possible).

AstroDad:
Brian,

It sounds as if I offend you - if I did, I apologize.

What version software are you running anyway? Once I corrected the physical problems of connecting the dive computer to my PC, downloading data has been 100% for me using two different dive computers. Now that you mention it, there have been times when my dive computers acted the way you describe above. If you lay it flat on a table, face up, then slide the connector it, the contacts don't always line up as good as they could. I turn mine upside down and hold the connector in place with a slight, but firm pressure.

If none of this works for you, then it's almost certain that you have a hardware error of some kind, or there really is something about your PC setups that interferes with the ReAct Pro software (entirely possible).

no offense..

just alittle touchy today. work and stuff, that and mixed with a wasted 5 hours of my day for some stupid training class over something I already knew, and didn't leanr anything new. Just another wasted day.

I have tried turning the darn thing upside down, short of inside out and when it does DL its fine, just the software has been the real issue. never worked right from day one.

As for the 4 hour dive I have no clue as to that one, I have used it ever since but never trusted it. I may need to have it serviced, but for what I paid for it I can use it as a backup for my pony bottle. I haven't checked the log on it in a month or two but I need to get my cable back out and redownload it and see if its still showing flaky dives. I don't know the version I have as of yet don't have it here with me at work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom