ReAct Pro bugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm new to this site. After hearing all this about the React Pro, maybe I won't bother to purchase the download kit. This is my second DC, lost the first one but thought it worked well enough to spend another $250 on the same computer. I did have problems with the Temp. always stuck at 54* while in the water, with the first react pro. The new one seems to work correctly. The ascent rate is still ultra sensetive. Just moving the computer up in the water will make it indicate in the red zone. I've blown almost every ascent rate according to this computer. Besides that it works.

I bought the ReAct Pro as my first computer as have been pretty happy with it. I never did buy the download kit, I think that price is nothign short of highway robbery.

Anyway, my computer is really touchy about the ascent rate too. It shows I have blown almost all my ascents. My new DiveRite DUO, shows the ascent rate to be just fine.

Comrade Stroke

After a little more than 20 years of diving without a computer, the ReAct Pro was my first stab at this type of toy. The dive computer itself isn't that bad. The download kit is what is causing all the problems. That, and the very poor support from Genesis. I was told last year these issues would be resolved by the first of this year, and here we are, no fix and no sign of Genesis support..... It'll certainly be the last piece of Genesis branded gear I ever buy. I can deal with something not working - lack of support is something else entirely...

BTW, I ignore my ascent rate indicator (it appears that tiny hand movements make it toss lunch). I watch my bubbles instead.

You are right, they are pulling it off and the react pro software will be up soon

Sherwood SCUBA rep.:
You are right, they are pulling it off and the react pro software will be up soon

Another setback. Please in the future could you please not post anything unless you know for sure it has been loaded to your site, we are waiting as patient as we can for this in hopes it will solve our issues....

Also how do I send my computer back for service. it appears as though the unit decides to not only give me a 4 hour dive in 10 feet of water but now it eats batteries.......

For service on your Genesis computer you can take it to any authorized dealer, they will get an RGA number and send it back to us.

As for the download, I have been told by the web master that the right download is now up.

Sherwood SCUBA rep.:
For service on your Genesis computer you can take it to any authorized dealer, they will get an RGA number and send it back to us.

As for the download, I have been told by the web master that the right download is now up.

Geezzz, you guys are really screwing this one up.

This is NOT an update. In fact, it's older code than what was sent to me via email LAST YEAR! I was sent version 1.03 by Paul Leszcynski on 9/14/2006 in an attempt to fix previous bug reports I had made. The code you now have online is version 1.01. How many times are you guys going to screw this up? Twice isn't enough?

It now appears obvious that no one has worked on the bugs I reported with version 1.03 LAST YEAR. I guess when Paul told me "Temperature will be addressed in an up coming new software version near end of year or first of next", I should have asked which year!

You guys are really starting to look like fools. Does anyone there know how to spell QUALITY CONTROL? Why on earth should anyone buy a regulator or valve or whatever from you guys when you can't get a simple software update right? Does Genesis even *care* about their customers? Are customers so easy to come by these days that Genesis can afford this kind of public debacle?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom