Ready to buy gear, what about a BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will when I'm ready to buy. I'm not going to be ready until the end of the year.

I checked his website while looking for the lowest prices. I can't find an entire setup for $300 as a package or a la carte.

You won't, because I don't sell any package for that little. In fact I can't and make any profit. Not to mention that it would violate my dealer agreements on MAP pricing. I'd be hard pressed to even come close to that on a used set up.
A BPW with basic harness is going to be in the 400-425 range. Give or take depending on bands, wing, plate, any accessories, and manufacturer. You can mix and match brands and get down to a few dollars under 400. The 300 dollar ones for a complete unit I have no experience with and have never seen one in person. No idea what kind of dealer cost they carry.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Which is why I was questioning the price.

I will when I'm ready to buy. I'm not going to be ready until the end of the year.

There you go. I think last year the Hog 32lb wing was available for ~199.00 on Black Friday. You might even find some packages in the lower 300 range. If you have the time to wait for the deal to come to you, that is a good choice.

I now have about a dozen dives on my BP/W that I bought piece by piece and assembled it myself. To me, regardless of saving money or not, this was well worth it.

From some other threads, I guess some plates don't line up with some wings regarding the cam bands. I guess I got lucky as I purchased a used wing from another diver here on SB and the plate off of DGX along with the other pieces. I think I will have to revive my thread I had going when I was first building it.

Last edited:
I checked his website while looking for the lowest prices. I can't find an entire setup for $300 as a package or a la carte.

You won't get rock bottom prices on junk, but you will get very good prices on quality gear and what is more important great service and support from Jim.

Don't remember what I paid but I got a dive rite aluminium backplate and an oxycheq wing suitable for warm water diving and absolutely love it. Certainly cost less than a jacket BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom