really diving naked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: This ought to be interesting...

I believe before the OP starts to dive nekkid, he should be introduced to a couple of my best friends; punctuation and capitalization! As to the topic, I think it's a bit cold where I come from for nekkid diving (or nekkid anything in the water).

wow i thought i would have gotten alot of people mad or gotten alot of stupid comments i thank everyone for being so serius because i was when i asked my question i am hearing this is commen and im thinking in the near warm future im going to talk me wife in to doing this with me \

Our wonderful and tasteful southern humorist Lewis Grizzard summed it up years ago. If you have no clothes on you are naked. If you have no clothes on and you are up to something, you are nekkid.

So whether you are a naked diver or a nekkid diver is dependent not on what you have on your body but what is on your mind.

It is so sad to me that so many folks are uncomfortable or downright offended by the slightest nudity. Some school teacher just got fired for taking her fifth graders to an art museum.

Having lived a number of years in Europe I see no wrong in being in the sauna or being on the beach sans textile. Folks that are brought up in that environment seem to have a healthy attitude about it if it is done in good taste. European divers just don't sit on a dive boat in a wet swimsuit.

Diving naked is one of the most wonderful and free feelings anywhere if itis done in good taste. The site called Taylor Maid in Bonaire is a good one to try it out.

Do remember though - salt water fish got teeth.....

Tom Smedley:
<snip>

It is so sad to me that so many folks are uncomfortable or downright offended by the slightest nudity. ...

Having lived a number of years in Europe I see no wrong in being in the sauna or being on the beach sans textile. Folks that are brought up in that environment seem to have a healthy attitude about it if it is done in good taste. ...

Diving naked is one of the most wonderful and free feelings anywhere if itis done in good taste. The site called Taylor Maid in Bonaire is a good one to try it out.

Thank you for posting your thoughts, Tom, as well as for the Bonaire suggestion! :wink:

I'm in complete agreement with your assessment about some people's reactions to nudity. Unfortunately, it seems some adults suffer from a Grade 8 mentality when it comes to nudity and sexuality. :shakehead

Good luck, mirrocraft, in your quest to learn more about nude diving. I hope you and your wife get a chance to experience it soon! And if you do, please post a trip report. It's something I'm interested in as well so I'm curious to read of others' experiences with it. :)

Watch out for snapping turtles!!

Being a male, the only way I would dive nude would be in tropical waters, and above the thermocline...if you catch my drift:rofl3:

I did my #100 in the nude, with a DM I was working with (opposite sex was essential) in 56 deg water.. McTucker Springs, SE Idaho in May, yes the snow was still running off the side hills. not my most flattering moment, but sometimes you must swallow your pride and just enjoy the milemark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom