Recommendations for Travel BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbletrubble - I just got back from Punta Cana today, so I will contact my LDS to see what my options are. Even if I can get it repaired somehow, I'm afraid that this is likely to happen again.
Before purchasing something new, I'd wait to see what options Aqualung gives you. You never know what might happen; the company might surprise you. Even if the repair isn't technically covered under warranty, my friends and I have had some good experiences with different manufacturers stepping up and making BCD repairs out of a good-faith customer service gesture. It's an easy way for the company to get positive word-of-mouth publicity, and it keeps the customer happy...at a very modest expense.

Stuff breaks. Dive gear isn't meant to last forever, but I do think that if a company is willing to help you out -- even if technical service reps just explain how best to fix the problem on your own -- that's the mark of quality customer service. That's the kind of company I'd want to do business with in the future.

I had a friend who purchased an expensive BCD a few years ago, and based on his recent experience with the manufacturer (not Aqualung, in this case), he and I won't be patronizing that company ever again.

Good luck getting your Zuma repaired.

I agree with bubble trouble. Might want to raise this question in the Aqualung section under the Q&A for dive equipment manufacturers section of SB.

You should check out the Scuapro Litehawk, a sturdy back inflate that packs small.
I have been very happy with it and the price is right.

Second vote for DiveRite Travel Pak

And another vote for the Zeagle Express Tech. I got the Deluxe version with a 30 lb bladder, put on a couple of D-rings on the shoulder straps and two XS Scuba weight pockets on the waist straps, took off the chest strap and shoulder pads but kept the back pad, and it's good to go. The perfect (for me) travel BC.

You won't have to worry about a Zeagle BC breaking on you. As with all things Zeagle, the ET's built to last.

I love to travel and when I do I travel pretty darn light: I only have one 35 liter backpack. Assuming I have removed the harness, does the Zeagle Express Tech backplate fold up? Can I bend it for a long period of time while having it smashed up in a backpack and then pull it out and have it function like new?

The new mares hybrid is looking like a pretty sweet travel rig. I just dont know how well it will hold up as it is brand new

I just bought an Aqualung proQD. It has integrated weight-belts, big pockets and weight-pockets on the tank-strap which are quite comfortable when you don't put too much weight in it. It's roughtly 18lb and very easy to pack in a carry-on, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom