REEF ID Class - November 13 & 14, 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we're checking in fri during the day.
staying at the ramada or something in Deerfield.

anyone getting together fri nite?
And, more important, is a sat nite shore dive still in the works?

how many of you dive-nuts are gonna be back in the water sun morning too? :)

and last but not least - how much thermal protection is everyone wearing?

Water temp is hanging around 78 right now.
I work my shorty and skins last weekend and got cold. (yes, I proudly admit I am a wimp).

78?! Dooooder!!!!! Thats swimsuit diving temp!!!! If I could get in the water and play right now..... Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... 5 more months...

CBulla:
78?! Dooooder!!!!! Thats swimsuit diving temp!!!! If I could get in the water and play right now..... Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... 5 more months...
I believe for you that would still be speedo weather, if only you werent crock! :wink:

I would chuck on a full 3mm and be prepared to get a little chilly after about 90-100 mins, but even then not cold.

I will be wearing lots of dry clothes and supporting from the shore - i can even hold towels, car keys and wallets - of course you might return to a pile of towels, no cars and empty bank accounts, but that is how it works when you have a guy who is frustrated at not being able to dive! :eyebrow:

It looks like I'm flying down from NY on Friday, I'll be arriving at 8:00pm in Ft Lauderdale.

I'm staying at The Barefoot Place (in Pompano, about 10 minutes from the dive shop) based in part on Colin's recommendation.

I'm open to whatever everyone is doing on Friday, Saturday or Sunday as far as dinner, getting together or even a night dive.

Speaking of which, if any of you are planning on a night dive, I think I read a post from someone above, please let me know ahead of time so I pack my lights.

Looking forward to meeting all of you, but I'm really looking forward to be out of this low 30s weather we've got in NY.. :crafty:

I'll PM a few of you with my cell # between now and Friday. Feel free to get in touch on Friday, I'm sure I'll be settled in at the hotel by 9pm.

-John

Jenny,
You can erase the (?) by my name. I'll be there. If my daughter (ScubaKat11) doesn't have to sing in church on Sunday, I'm going to bring her... if there's still room in the class.

Al

Rockin! This is going to be a fantastic class!!

HEY - if anyone has a dig cam and underwater housing, would ya mind bringing to help document the undersea portion of the class??

:bogey: wooooohooooo! doctor said I've scabbed up nicely (yum) and can dive by Saturday(that'll put me close to 3 weeks post op), so I'm back in..... :bogey:

I would like to dive on sunday. Can I give you the money on the day of the dive?

Please email at tsadowsky@rasg.org

BTW: noaa is calling for winds northeast 20-25 knots on suday. I hope noaa is incorrect for that day. What the max seas the boat will go out in?

I just got my monthly newsletter from Ocean Watch-Guess who is volunteer of the month.

Congratulations Colin, fantastic job organizing the pier cleanup and the class

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom