REEF ID Class - November 13 & 14, 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way Cool! Congrats Colin!!

LOL way to go Dude... Well I am going to make hotel arrangements for sat night but if you don't mind Jenny can I crash with ya'll friday night or Sat morning LOL when ever I get in...... I will be Brining my portable carport for shade either on the beach or for use at whichever locatiuon we decide on...

Looks like the diving conditions are improving for us... Here's what I got from Wunderground.com...

Saturday
Winds northeast to east 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.
Saturday Night
Winds northeast 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Slight chance of showers after midnight.
Sunday
Winds northeast 15 to 20 knots. Near shore...seas 2 to 4 feet building to 6 to 8 feet in the afternoon and evening in the Gulf Stream...seas 6 to 8 feet building to 10 to 12 feet in the evening. Moderate to large northeast swells. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas. Chance of showers.

Where is everyone staying? I don't think Jenny has enough room for all of us. :06:

Al

anyone up for trading in our tanks for boogie boards on sunday???? looks like we may have a heavy surf....lol

Hokey smokes! You know what though, irregardless of conditions Sunday I still want the class to go on. Aside from being put off to many times, I miss seeing some of yawl and lets face it, the class is really topside with some diving to reinforce the information being conveyed.

I am open to contengencies for Sunday - any ideas for a contengency? Any local aquariums besides Bass Pro Shops 39,000 gal aquarium? Anne Kolb Nature Center at West Lake Park (Hollywood) has a 3500 gal aquarium and Eco stuff about the estuary... Suggestions anyone?

would love to hunt dolphins er um sharks ummm fish yeah thats it swim with em... lol am open for just about anything.....

:cheering: congrats Colin!!! you rock man!!! :bang: (I should read my newsletter more often...lol)

Scuba_Dad I wish I had room for ya. Maybe once you get down here, you will find a place.

The nature center is nice with some walking trails. There are also a couple parks inland a little ways that have trail riding, butterfly world, picnic areas, and of course there is the fair at the church.
As far as diving in the area, besides the ocean there isn't any. So, when I win the lotto, I am gonna find one of those springs that are off limits and buy it for us :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom