Reg recommendation for doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaPro sponsored me for a number of years... then I sold all my ScubaPros and went with HOG regs... not tried them below 100 metres or in water less than 4 degrees (the year-round temperature at depth in the Great Lakes) but they work fine in those conditions... as do SP. Hose routing on a rotating turret is facilitated.

HOG's (D1 "Cold" & Classic second) performed well at 42 degrees in Tobermory this past weekend...

How does the HOG D3 compare with the D1?

Little higher flow that most divers wouldn't even notice. The turret design is nice as it allows full rotation with hoses installed. Service procedure is a little different and it uses its own kit. I have a dozen hog regs but haven't moved to the D3 yet even though I have one in stock. My d1's won't die.

Little higher flow that most divers wouldn't even notice. The turret design is nice as it allows full rotation with hoses installed. Service procedure is a little different and it uses its own kit. I have a dozen hog regs but haven't moved to the D3 yet even though I have one in stock. My d1's won't die.

Thanks a lot for that!!

The Apeks Tec3's breath fantastic (i use SP S600 and ATX40 2nds down to 300ft+) the hose routing is neat, streamlined and all ports faces down. The SP M17's are awesome and would not mind diving them very deep. Make no mistake, SP diapram technology is on par with the pistons, you will not regret them.The G260 is my first choice for seconds, I just dont have the cash to justify one, or two.

Back
Top Bottom