Reg servicing and SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silicone is fine except for high concentration/high pressure O2 applications. The whole Trilube/Cristolube/viton oring thing has gotten way out of proportion. If you are servicing regs for pure O2 or high O2 deco applications, the grease is a concern, for rec nitrox applications (<40%) silicone grease is fine both inside and outside of the regs. I would not mix them due to possible interactions of the greases themselves. Which one is better...the one you have.

Exactly.

Other than high O2 applications, the only concern about using silicone grease would be on silicone o-rings. Silicone seals will absorb the grease and swell causing a leak.

Like JimLap, I got rid of my silicone grease just as a preventative measure so I don't cross contaminate anything. But if you service just your own stuff and KNOW you won't be using high concentrations of O2, save money and use what you have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom