regs for doubles and stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atomic m1 primary atomic z2 second post Dont freez and breath alot better that the apeks regs

i use a dive rite reg and my stage bottle or a mk2 scubapro with r190 octo

As of now I have passed the adv nitrox...I just got back in town and really appreciate all the input from all of you...I am seeing...not to minimize other poster's equip...alot of Apex usage...That is a good thing perhaps. I took my adv nitrox from a different LDS than my home LDS. My home LDS is an Aqualung dealer. I am getting my DM from there and get high dollar stuff at cost plus 20%.....HMMM....

hi everyone!
i see a lot of apeks fans on the thread. great regs.
however, i like the routing on the scubapro mk25's better.
you may also check out the posiedons.
i now use a cyklon & jetstream combo for backgas regs, excellent performance, hands down.

:D

I use Apek 200s and think they work great. My dive buddy prefers the 100's - says the 1st stages are smaller (???) and that the main body sits below the DIN connector vs being in the middle (1st stage sits higher) on the 200.

Mine are

SP MK25AF/G250HP set and Apeks ATX100 set.

SP MK17/G250HP will be a great option, too.. Even cheaper..... :wink:

I have a friend who takes his SP MK25s over 300ft deep and over 2 miles back in caves. They are VERY solid regs. I also know people who take their Zeagle regs deep, and on cave excursions and explorations. Both are very fine regs. So are Apeks regs.

If you are buying the better regs from any of these companies you can hardly go wrong.

You should try to see what your local shop(s) can service and support, and perhaps use that as a tie-breaker.

I like the Scubapro Mk 17 on doubles, although many divers prefer the hose routing on the Mk 25. Performance wise the Mk 17 is excellent especially when coupled with the G250HP or X650.

I prefer an unbalanced piston first stage like the Scubapro Mk 2 on a deco bottle. The port arrangement allows you to route the hose straight down the side of the bottle and it makes a very clean package when DIN equipped.

I'll second the recommendation that you need to buy something that can be serviced locally, and further that you get something from a company that can provide service world wide. That largely limits you to Scubapro or Aqualung/Apeks.

DA Aquamaster,

Did you receive my pm?

SangP

PerroneFord:
I have a friend who takes his SP MK25s over 300ft deep and over 2 miles back in caves.
Are you serious?, I assume not at the same time.:wink:

300 feet is a stretch for even the best equipment and diver.
Most regs run an intermediate pressure of 150ish psi
ambient pressure at 300 FSW is 133 PSI, thats pushing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom