Regulator bag too small? Do you use one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use an Oceanic bag - I can't remember what it's called but it is bigger than the Standard Reg Bag shown on their website.

It's large enough for two sets of regs with some room to spare for more small stuff and comes with two padded sleeves for consoles (which I mostly use for my backup lights).

Just curious... do you use the reg bag for storage or just travel?

I use the Akona regulator backpack (AKB615). It's an exceptional bag. Very well made and quite large. It also has a roomy side pocket. It also comes with two sleeves for consoles. I can easily fit my regulator, SPG, computer, compass, watch, UK SL4 light, DIN-to-Yoke adapter and some miscellaneous do-dads (spare double enders, tank light, spool, etc). Outstanding bag.

Zer0:
Just curious... do you use the reg bag for storage or just travel?

Both. After rinsing, I lay them out to dry for a few days. Then they are put into the bag for storage until my next outing.

I like the soft cooler idea for travel. The cooler can come in handy on the trip as a cooler.

I use the DAN backpack to carry my regulator with me while traveling, that way i can carry it with me on the plane.

For my local dives i place it with th rest of my gear in a huge travelock bag wrap in to my bc, never had a problem.

catherine96821:
We are using those insulated thermal bags from Target as someone here suggested and they work really well as you can get them somewhat larger. Better color selection too! Cheap!

The best part about that is the logo says "Igloo" rather than, say, "Scubapro". Thieves are much less likely to nab your "bottled water" than they are your "regulator".

do it easy:
Mine is just for travel. I hang my regs when not in use.
I've read this is actually not very good for the regs. Puts a lot more strain on the hoses and connectors than coiling it up neatly. Once cleaned and dry, mine live in my reg bag, ready to hit the road at a moment's notice. Storing my gear (except wetsuit, which hangs on a wetsuit hanger) in the gear bag also helps prevent forgotten gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom