Regulator bag too small? Do you use one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do the same thing as CD. Reg in reg back (along with compass and computer) and rest of gear in gear bag, except for wetsuit. Means I just need to add the wetsuit and grab my tanks and go.

Everything in the gear bag, then nothing is forgotten. My reg bag holds the GPS, Depth Sounder, my Suunto, remote for the stereo, and the keys for the boat.

No.... I have Apeks and other three regulator bags, but I never use it.

The plastic box with the lid from Wally world is the best option for the local diving trip.

I use an Aqualung Reg Bag. It looks small inside but, it does fit my Legend and Octo with a ProPlus 2 PDC. I do have a quick disconmnect on the computer and does slip nicely into the built in guage pouch. I can also pack my apeks ATX 50 rig with a Genesis 3- guage console on top of the Legend with no problem.

The "Regulator bags: that I have seen for sale look awful small and seem like a cruel thing to do to my hoses. I was at a local surplss & salvage outlet and saw some nice heavy round zipper bags made for carrying and storing a length of compressed air hose. A complete rig fits in nicely and the material is coated in the inside to resist water. If I want padding I'll add a towel. Oh and the best part $3.99!

Now what I got a spare rig I need a third. A buddy who has a boat load of rigs said get me a dozen!

Pete

I've been looking around for something to carry my reg with me as a carry on when I travel to Florida in January. LDS has the Akona AKB615 so I'm thinking about getting that. Looks like there's plenty of room inside for the reg and maybe even my computer and mask, and the side pocket in large enough I could slip my laptop in there, and that bag could be my only carry-on (well, that and my DSLR bag)

I have been using a small, padded nylon collapsible cooler for years that will easily fit 2 complete reg sets with computers, without having to roll hoses up tight. The cooler has a small velcro opening to access things through the top if I don't want to unzip the top all the way. It also has two large outside pockets for my save-a-dive kit, tools, sunscreen, hat, etc.

Cheap, but very effective, and the padding provides a lot of protection. It will even fold up flat for travel.

my wife and I both use the round Mares bags with no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom